Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all those who have left or are leaving in the morning, please keep us all updated on your extended journey. The Cody thread has been of great value but I thought I'd be nice to have a new one for our travels home or wherever.

What a week it's been. None of us will ever forget it. Thank you, Ron Robinson for your efforts and for ordering PERFECT weather! It's been amazing from one end to the other.

I have met people who are now friends, spent time with old friends again and had some amazing experiences. The beauty of the landscape up here helps me understand, now, why people live in these places. Thanks for being part of America and having the freedom to ride it like we stole it. Lol

·
Administrator
25,977 Posts
Well said 1stWing. Yup, Ron's a super guy alright. As are you all. Shiny side up!!!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Well, we just passed back into Canada this afternoon after half melting waiting out in the sun at the border. Just chilling out in Cranbrook for the night before heading up to Radium, then the Icefields Parkway on Sunday - at least it should be a bit cooler that route (35C/95F here now).

Fossil - I can't remember what day you're hitting Lake Louise. Saturday?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great news. We've had mild temps and have made it to Denver so far. Trying to get back to Terry's tonight. Maybe 2am if all goes well.

·
Super Moderator
13,824 Posts
Martena and I in Buffalo. We recommend the Occidental if anybody is looking for an interesting place to stay. We'll be in Rapid City tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
27,564 Posts
We had an awesome ride this morning on the Chief Joseph and the Bear Tooth. We made it to Browning for the night.

Sorry that I may have been a bit rude to my pals this morning but I really had a load of ground to cover and getting through the CJ and BT quickly was important.

By the way we saw a really nice Grizzly on the CJ so when I get a chance I'll post a picture

·
Super Moderator
27,564 Posts
Kerry you were correct we plan on going to Lake Louise area on Sat

·
Super Moderator
27,564 Posts
You'll be a day ahead of us. I expect a full report! :D;):D
You've got it my friend. I only hope that jaNICE and I can look even half as good as you and Lianna did at Lake Louise.

;)

·
Premium Member
8,510 Posts
Left Cody this morning like most folks and am in Park Falls, Idaho tonight(about 30 miles east of Spokane) after a day of brutal heat and headwinds. 660 miles today and I'll be at my sister's in Everett, WA tomorrow late afternoon, after visiting Grand Coulee Dam and taking the "country" approach to Everett instead of dealing with Seattle.

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Left Cody this morning like most folks and am in Park Falls, Idaho tonight(about 30 miles east of Spokane) after a day of brutal heat and headwinds. 660 miles today and I'll be at my sister's in Everett, WA tomorrow late afternoon, after visiting Grand Coulee Dam and taking the "country" approach to Everett instead of dealing with Seattle.
Kevin,
Good to hear you made it that far safely, I really enjoyed your visit about your healthy eating and was surprised you like zucchini so much:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
13,824 Posts
Lee, he was headed to Minnesota and then around Chicago

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, Terry and I made it all the way to his house. Arrived about 0500. Since we were about 60 miles short of a GWOF Iron Butt, we o loaded some stuff rested a few minutes and waited or sunrise. With the sun up, made a 77.9 loop around his town and some outer areas and completed with 1,024.9 miles in 24 hours. I'll swing by Dustin's house and grab a hat. That was my first AND LAST IB ride. I don't see how these guys do it.

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Well, Terry and I made it all the way to his house. Arrived about 0500. Since we were about 60 miles short of a GWOF Iron Butt, we o loaded some stuff rested a few minutes and waited or sunrise. With the sun up, made a 77.9 loop around his town and some outer areas and completed with 1,024.9 miles in 24 hours. I'll swing by Dustin's house and grab a hat. That was my first AND LAST IB ride. I don't see how these guys do it.

Glad to see you all are making it home safe. AS for the IB ride, I've done 6 unofficial IB rides over 1030 miles each in 24 hrs. since last Feb. Tough to do until I had Hartco build me a seat and now it's a breeze. Also I love riding at night.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Sitting at Micky D's in Mitchell having lunch. Heat is kicking our buts!! Think I blew the #3 relay, lost my tail lights and blinkers, along with gas gauge, and temp gauge. Trailer lights are still working, and I still have headlight, so I will wait till I gat home to look at it. Hope everyone is having good travels .

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Hi All,

I arrived home about 1130 this morning after spending night at Larry's in Deer Park. We did Bear Tooth and saw two Grizlies near the top and two idiots in corvettes racing down the mtn. tires screaming in the 20 mph turns, thought the second one was gonna take me out. Yesterday we rode in 102º temps. and today it's 106º here. Cool in my recliner though. Pray all arrive safe at home.
Lken

1 - 20 of 115 Posts