Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here I am the new guy on the site. I have a 1984 Goldwing 1200 Aspencade. I got it from a freind that had it for years. I helped him put a new stator in it at the beginning of the season. When I connected the wires from the stator to the wires of the bike there was no plug just three wires. We cut the plug from the stator an grapped any wire from the bike and put them together. It worked for one season and died. It now needs a new stator. Is there a right why and a wrong way to hook it up. Or was the stator just a bad one to start with.. Help I have been told by people how to do it. But I would like help from some one that lives and breathes Goldwings to give me a answer.... Thanks jaycojman43

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF jay, that was a bad stator. the three yellow wires just have to be reconnected, the output across each wire is the same

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. I'll let some of the guys on the board who are "wrench savvy" answer your question. I'm a finance guy. I can tell you how and where to spend your money on "farkles" for the bike. Hope you get it fixed soon. Ride safe..

·
Registered
40 Posts
One thing I know is you must solder the wires together or a bad connection could ruin the stator. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
137 Posts
it sounds like the stator was bad --- but make sure the connections were good (a resistance reading would work) they have to have a good connection or it will burn out.---- good luck on putting a new one in -- if you need one let me know I have several 1200 engins sitting around .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone that took the time to reply so fast. It's nice to see that there is help out there. It all helps Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts