Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 82 gl1100 interstate, had rust in tank, cleaned out, replaced fuel filter and new lines.......acts like its starving for fuel, blew back through petcock, still starts up fine, drive a couple of miles, then starts running rough again. filter doesn't seem to have much fuel in it, I need help, I am getting frustated, seems like as soon as I fix one problem, another one happens. going to try seperate tank to check the problem, am running out of ideas

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... With The Age Of The Wing I Would Replace All The Fuel / Vent Hoses ... Sounds Like They Might Be Collapsing ... And Sometime You Might Have To Replace Or Clean The Fuel Filters A Couple Times To Get The Junk Out ... Happy Trails ...

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have replaced fuel lines, filter, coils, wires, caps, and the thing still drops a cylinder after several miles of ridding,(some times 2 miles, other times 15+ miles) even opened fuel cap for venting, nothing seems to clear up problem. If I need to rebuild carbs, just as well convert to single carb( cheaper than 500 to 700 dollars Honda shop wants) to rebuild. Any advice?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry about taking so long to say problem fixed! found out that the fuel inlet screens to the float bowls were stopped up. Since this, I have purchaced a newer wing, 87 1200a and have had to do repair on it as well......but, I love it. dont know if I want to sell 82i or just keep it, it is dependable and looks good as well, 77,784 original miles. Anyway, just wanted to thank you guys for the support and help

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Glad to hear all is going well now, welcome to the site Steve.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Ditto on the fuel lines.Older vehs used a rubber that the alcohol in todays gas will soften.
Then bits of the hose flake off and plug up stuff. Or, the hose colappses and shuts off your fuel. This is a lesson that cost me $440.00 on a boat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts