Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from central NC! I have been riding since the early 90s, first standards and then cruisers. My current bike is a '96 Vulcan 1500. Since my wife likes to ride so much, I would like to get something better suited to comfort on longer distance trips. I have sat on a handful of different 'Wings as well as some BMWs. I know they are both better suited for long distance than a V-twin, not to mention how much longer they last reliably. The weight difference is a concern for me- even though my bike is 600+ lbs, the CG seems to be a lot different on touring bikes. That, plus the fact that $$ is an issue right now, probably means I will be looking into a late 80s to early 90s model. I signed up here so I could start learning as much as I can about Goldwings, I'm the type of person that likes to know as much as I can before I pull the trigger on something. So anyway, thanks for having me here :) I'll be mostly lurking instead of posting until I'm close to making a purchase.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you want a bike built for comfort and reliability, you should buy a wing. I have a friend that put over 360,000 on the GL1500 with no problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts