Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought my 2010 wing in june and it spent the first three weeks in a repair shop. Since then I just couldn't make myself enjoy the bike. I actually got to the point of trying to sell it. I can't just let it sit in the garage so I have been riding it a little bit here and there. well today my wife and i went for a ride was supposed to be only about 40 miles but i took the wrong road and we ended up out in the country and we ended up going 120 miles. I have to admit it was very nice and we were both actually glad I went the wrong way. my wife now wants to go for a longer ride. who knows it might work out after all. it was a sweet ride.

·
Registered
741 Posts
So glad to hear that you are getting some enjoyment from the bike now. I hope that you are now on the long stretch to making many more happy memories with your Wing.

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
It does grow on you the more you ride. Ride safe and enjoy your Wing..

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Yep the "short" rides sometimes tends to become long ones....Heck I have even driven almost 100 miles with the wife just to get a burger for supper....and it was not any special type of burger joint either.....could have gotten the same just 6 miles from the house.....but why?....

Ride Safe Always!!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
glad you and your wife are finally enjoying the wing. last year about this time of year my gf said " lets go for a ride and get something to eat " so after taking the long way and a few detours we ended up in port huron at burger king some two and a half hours later :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well glad to hear you and the wing "may" kiss and make up ! As for my 2010, wife and I love it just wish I could ride it more and we will after I win this fight with cancer.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Glad things are more to your liking now. What exactly was your issue? I just remember you having probs just can't remember what they were.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
every time i ride mine i love it more and more

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
If I remember correctly he had an issue with the tire pressure system.

Glad it is working out. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, what happened to put it in the shop for 3 weeks????????
the tire pressure monitoring lights, both the start up light and actual tire pressure light would not go out and both kept flashing. they finally had to replace the valves on both tires and some computer relay something or other. at the time it was frustrating but now its kind of funny to look back and remember that one of the dealerships I took it to fix couldn't fix it because they had never seen that problem and didn't have the tools required for the job. it did eventually get fixed and there hasn't been an issue with that since.

·
Registered
119 Posts
So far I've only been able to go on short rides & my wife has only sat on it. It's difficult to get to good riding country from Torrance. I did go up to Manhattan Beach at night up Pacific Coast Hwy a couple weeks ago with the stereo up loud & that was nice. But I need to do what you did & just start riding it more.

·
Registered
35 Posts
bought my 2010 wing in june and it spent the first three weeks in a repair shop. Since then I just couldn't make myself enjoy the bike. I actually got to the point of trying to sell it. I can't just let it sit in the garage so I have been riding it a little bit here and there. well today my wife and i went for a ride was supposed to be only about 40 miles but i took the wrong road and we ended up out in the country and we ended up going 120 miles. I have to admit it was very nice and we were both actually glad I went the wrong way. my wife now wants to go for a longer ride. who knows it might work out after all. it was a sweet ride.

:) Ahhh Cisco, you need to take Pancho out for many more rides and besides your weather is about to become bodacious for riding in your area for the the next 8 to 9 months. It's like a few other things, the more you do it the better it becomes. Do it while you can because there will be a day when one can't throw that leg over the saddle and one's riding career will be over.;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Tire presure , I ran into a guy with a 2012 who was rather put out with his bike because a light kept flashing. When the dealer checked his tire presure it was 28....duh ..lights work. Oh thanks for the prayer I start treatments this Friday and will be doing so for the next six weeks , phoo that blows October my best riding month.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:)
Do it while you can because there will be a day when one can't throw that leg over the saddle and one's riding career will be over.;)
i'm hoping that is many many years away, although i'm also hoping, God willing, that come may 12th my weeks will also have 6 saturdays and 1 sunday

1 - 19 of 19 Posts