Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Again a big thank you to all those who chimed in with helpful hints.
The trike now has new timing belts (and yes it still runs) AND after cleaning the battery terminals and reconnecting ,post belt install, it starts like a charm. (Starts with the starter engaged).
Special thanks to djoyner for all his help and friendly advice.
What a great group :) .
Congrats on a job well done! This is a great forum for tips and advice.

Now if someone here could find a way to bring spring to Va two months early, I would be eternally grateful. :)

This has been the coldest winter here in a looooooooong time. The last time I was able to take a ride was on New Year's Eve!

·
Super Moderator
7,665 Posts
Again a big thank you to all those who chimed in with helpful hints.
The trike now has new timing belts (and yes it still runs) AND after cleaning the battery terminals and reconnecting ,post belt install, it starts like a charm. (Starts with the starter engaged).
Special thanks to djoyner for all his help and friendly advice.
What a great group :) .
When you reassembled the electrical connections, did you apply dielectric grease? It protects electrical connections and ensures conductivity. As soon as I can get down time, I'll be pulling the Tupperware and checking all the connections on my Wing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi Trike lady
Not yet on the dielectric grease but will before replacing the tupperware. Playing with the bike at -30C is a fun thing to while dreaming of spring.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts