Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
While living in PA it was never conducive to starting the New Year off with a ride. Today we were going to go out with 2 other couples but both of them had to beg off. So jaNice and I decided to embrace a new tradition of a ride on New Year's Day. A nice little 50 mile jaunt that included a stop at a Saloon for lunch. Great Cheeseburgers and an equally great ride

Registered
Nice! Although we've had great weather down here in the Sunshine State, we have been moving to a bigger place, so we havent taken a ride lately. Maybe tomorrow. Glad you guys got out.

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky. Ps 68:33

Super Moderator
Glad you two enjoyed yourselves. That burger looks good!

Super Moderator
Ride safe my friend. Glad you are starting a NEW tradition in a place where the weather cooperates. Love the burger, except for the mushrooms. Make mine with onions..

Super Moderator
Thanks for sharing. Your bike in front of a bar! I'll have to live vicariously through y'all this year. I couldn't get out yesterday to start the year and it was a pretty day here. Hopefully by next weekend everything will sort out and I'll get back on the road. There is a new brewery opening close by on January 16.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #10
Nice! Although we've had great weather down here in the Sunshine State, we have been moving to a bigger place, so we havent taken a ride lately. Maybe tomorrow. Glad you guys got out.

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky. Ps 68:33
When you come back we will have to make the Wild Horse a stop, that and the Haunted Hamburger ;)

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #11
Ride safe my friend. Glad you are starting a NEW tradition in a place where the weather cooperates. Love the burger, except for the mushrooms. Make mine with onions..
You and Cindy may need to stretch the legs on the Vette.

:cool:

Super Moderator
i looked out yesterday and it was dry and around 33f but by the time i got dressed for a ride and to the door freezing rain was falling so i took a pass on the ride so thanks for sharing

Registered
Was looking forward to 62 and sunny yesterday, but it never materialized. Ended up overcast, gray, and very foggy for much of the morning, and gray in the afternoon, with a high of maybe 52 at one point.

While it wasn't enough to get excited about riding, it sure beat the weather from three years ago, when I lived in Day, New York. The memory that popped up on my phone showed the last two days up there were -19 and -20F back then.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #15
I also start the year with a ride. You could be in the outback with that photo. It may pay to be on the other side of the road though.;)
You know mate, there have been several times where we have been riding in an area and jaNice will say over the headset...."Doesn't this remind you of the Outback?"

If course it is a struggle with the bars to not end up in the left lane.;)

Registered
Yesterday was 62 and sunny and I managed to get out for the afternoon for a little bit of a ride around. First time in a couple of weeks. Because of the virus, I only got one decent ride in all of last year and that was with Steve in August. Very crappy year for bike riding with friends. Hopefully this year will be much better. Fingers crossed.

Registered
Sue and I took the bike for a little lunch run over to Bradenton yesterday. Stopped at the Pier 22 restaurant and had the open-face Prime rib sandwich and Sue had the chicken salad.
Saw some interesting yatchs there (involved in espionage?) and some patriots in smaller boat's.
Had Key Lime pie and New York cheese cake for desert. (Way too much!)
Then on the ride back to Sebring, we took a little detour thru the orange groves and swampy cattle ranch land, and ran across this little critter. (Don't worry, he took off when I revved the motor to leave.)
We had a great day.

Super Moderator
Yesterday Martena was moving around a little better. Still a little shaky, but she told me to quit hovering and go for a ride. So I took a couple hours to ride up to Hattiesburg to a good beer store. Taking the longer way home I looked for a Mississippi Blues marker for the Hi-Hat Club. An old blues juke joint from the 1950's. I must have missed it, or it's been stolen, as I rode right past the spot. There are a couple juke joints across the street that I wouldn't go in alone, or maybe even with a crowd, but I'll be back to look again.

If you want to follow along on Google Map; Finding my way down to US 98 I rode east to New Augusta and then south on Hwy 29. This road has some nice sweepers. Just before getting back to Stone County I looked for a back road to the house. I turned east on Fairly Bridge Road but forgot that I needed to take a right on Bluff Creek Road, so explored Fairly Bridge for a few miles. A nice county road with sweeping curves, but, being low on fuel I turned around and looked at the map on my phone to discover my forgotten turn. Heading back I took Bluff Creek Road south the Oil Well Road, west to Marshall Taylor Road, and south to Big Four Road. A right turn took me to our current home. Martena was fine and she was happy to get me out of her hair for a couple hours.

No pictures during the ride, but here is the case of beer I picked up. Some craft beer that you just can't get in this town.
2021 01 03.jpg

Premium Member
Hey guys , I'm riding today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts