Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new first time owner of a Goldwing and wonder if there is an easy method of placing the bike on it's center stand.

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
Parking the bike with the back wheel on piece of 1/2 to 3/4 plywood really help with the procedure in the video.

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Biggest trick is to not try and 'lift' the bike onto the stand, they're a heavy beast. Put your weight down onto the foot tang of the stand and let your body weight do most of the work as shown in the video. Just takes a bit of practice to learn the technique is all.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I am a 140 lb weakling , I sold my 1st wing to a Navy Chief younger and much more stout than I. A few weeks after he purchased it he came to my house asking how the H--- do you get this on the centerstand , I poped her right up ! Bottem line follow the vidio it's a snap if you follow it.

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
You are using your legs to lift the way it shows in the video. I'm not a small guy but when I first got the bike I couldn't get it on the center stand at all. Someone sent me a video like this before I could do it. Arm straight and step down just like in the video.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just had the Ride-Off Center Stand installed and it is a piece of cake now. Put it in reverse and up it goes. Love it at the long stop lights.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Center stand tip

I am a new first time owner of a Goldwing and wonder if there is an easy method of placing the bike on it's center stand.
Putting a wing up on the center stand becomes almost impossible if the bike is facing down hill even ever so slightly.

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
I found backing it onto a 2x6 helps. Goes up really easy after that...

·
Registered
51 Posts
One thing to note. I lowered my bike with Lowering Wing Products which made a big difference for me because of my 5'7" height. Installed a drive off stand for better ground clearance. Problem is, getting off the center stand now is very difficult because the dynamics is changed. Only use the side stand now. If anyone else has the same problem and figured out a solution, let me know. Thanks

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
One thing the video didn't mention is rare cases sometimes people have garage floors that are very slippery. This can make it somewhat difficult to get a Gold Wing onto the center-stand. I have personal experience having luckily gotten the bike up on the center-stand just to find out that the Wing wanted to slide on the floor while trying to take it down from the center-stand. This can not only be difficult but also can create an unsafe condition.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
One thing to note. I lowered my bike with Lowering Wing Products which made a big difference for me because of my 5'7" height. Installed a drive off stand for better ground clearance. Problem is, getting off the center stand now is very difficult because the dynamics is changed. Only use the side stand now. If anyone else has the same problem and figured out a solution, let me know. Thanks
You said you "lowered the bike with a Lowering Wing Product. " Then you said you installed a drive off stand for better ground clearance. Here is the problem I see. The drive off stand is shorter than the original stand. So as I see it by lowering the bike to start with and then adding a drive off stand, you are back to having an original stand on a lowered bike. Do you see what I am saying? Maybe I'm all wrong here but it wouldn't be anything new for me. If I have confused the problem, I'm sorry....:dancing troll:Isaac

·
Registered
51 Posts
You said you "lowered the bike with a Lowering Wing Product. " Then you said you installed a drive off stand for better ground clearance. Here is the problem I see. The drive off stand is shorter than the original stand. So as I see it by lowering the bike to start with and then adding a drive off stand, you are back to having an original stand on a lowered bike. Do you see what I am saying? Maybe I'm all wrong here but it wouldn't be anything new for me. If I have confused the problem, I'm sorry....:dancing troll:Isaac
..Yes I didn't explain myself well ..although you are lowering the bike the ride off stand still works as advertised ..very easy to get up:easy_button: ..although not as easy as a non lowered bike ..

the ground clearance is just a bonus when using the ride off and not the reason for installing it with the lowering bracket ..it is all but impossible with lowering bracket to get it up with stock center stand :Angry_98OLVV:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.