Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to come out of retirement after 30 year over the road and go back to work after a 3 attempt in an RV retired to fishing/ridin for the rest of my life. I just spent 22 hours on Greyhound to get to St. Louis MO for a 1 week orientation before jumping in a truck so I can run up and down Rte75 5 days a week and 2-3 days of to fish and ride of course. The weather here is beautiful for ridin and I miss my wing already. I will never ride a bus again...I'd rather walk and camp in a tent...**Craig**

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hey craig, i use to drive for burlington motor carriers. they were baised in daleville, in. i remember talking to them on the phone and the guy said " just go to the bus station and we'll have tickets for you " my reply " look guy i have cars, vans motorcycles, and bicycles i'm not taking anyones bus " his boss said " bring me your gas resepts and we'll pay for the gas ". it was nice having my van for when orientation was over each day

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to ride my wing out here... I asked to the money for the bus ticket and I'd ride out...They didn't go for that...well one week in St.Louis I'll find some trouble I can investigate... don't want to sit in the motel vegetating everyday...although they do have a pool and a bar...**Craig**

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
have fun once orientation is done, i did. there were four or five other guys that i knew there and we would hop in my van and go over to anderson, in and have a good time. when orientation was over i got sent back home because the new trucks hadn't arrived so we had nothing to drive. a couple of my buddys got sent home too and i got paid to take them home as well as myself. we got reduced pay until we could get a truck or team up with another driver

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be with Hogan Transport in Maryland Heights, MO

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
"...although they do have a pool and a bar..."
Remember which liquid you go in and which liquid goes in you!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts