Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an email that let me know that my SS1000 that I did on the first day of my Four Corner Tour has been certified! Still have to wait a few weeks for my backer plate for the bike, but it is cool to get the notification nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Good deal Mike...At least they are trying to make it right.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're confusing hte two governing associations, Efinref. The Four Corners Tour is governed by the SCMA and the Iron Butt Association handles the SS1000 that I did. The IBA is known to have 3-4 month waiting periods for certifications, so getting the email was nice to close that out. They said it takes them a little bit more time to get the certificate done and to send it out with the backer plate.

I've not heard as of late from the SCMA folks as to what their immediate plans are. That situation is still on hold.

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
Congrats to you my friend. Hope the rest works out.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
You're confusing hte two governing associations, Efinref. The Four Corners Tour is governed by the SCMA and the Iron Butt Association handles the SS1000 that I did. The IBA is known to have 3-4 month waiting periods for certifications, so getting the email was nice to close that out. They said it takes them a little bit more time to get the certificate done and to send it out with the backer plate.

I've not heard as of late from the SCMA folks as to what their immediate plans are. That situation is still on hold.
Oh Geez....You are right!!:confused:....At least you got the SS1000. But I know the 4 Corners is the big one. I know a lot of Iron Butt riders but YOU are the only 4 Corner I have personally followed. Well Good Luck.:)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Good on ya man. It's still nice to have the accolades!

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Good news, Keep us post on the 4 corners. Once you get it Chopin should buy you a beer :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
Good to hear that one of your goals is being recognized

1 - 8 of 8 Posts