Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a newbie here and this is my first post. Just bought a 2000 GL1500SE last week and been reading most of the threads posted on the forums within the last several months to know more about the Goldwings. My GW came with toe-heel shifter that I did not like. The owner gave my the original pegs and shifter as well as the brake pedal to replace the old shifter. I could not figure out how to put the spring in the peg to keep it (peg) pressed down. Is there a diagram some where in the service manual? Right now the spring is on the pin but not doing its job! I'd really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
This is on my 08 without stock pegs but the 1500 is the same. look at the way the spring is on the peg and put yours on the same way, they can be a bear sometimes. First picture is left side, second picture is right side, notice the spring is at the back part of the peg on each side. excuse the waterspots, I was in a light rain and haven't washed the bike yet. Click on picture for bigger picture

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
But Joe:
"Seems it never rains in southern California"
Albert Hammond

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joe, Thank you very much for the illustration photos. But my pegs have a square shaft which slides inside a square bracket and round pin goes through both. Hai

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Hai, on the left side (shifter) the spring aligns with the stopper arm on the rear facing end of the spring pointing down. The diagram in the parts manual is pretty poor so I can't tell you much more than that. The right side (brake) should be the opposite although it's hard to tell from the picture. I'm pretty sure there is a better picture on one of the web sites that Joe linked before but I forget what site it was; hdlparts.com or something like that. You can likely figure it out by fitting the spring in and seeing which way the spring tries to push the peg down flat on the mounting arm.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks you all. With your help I was able to put the springs in correctly. My next mod will be changing the windshield. Hai

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Water spots Joe, I mean really try to do better next time.:D:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts