Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK folks let me share something that took me 50 years to discover.
Summer is around the corner and it will get hot. Last year I orderd "Cool Vests" for Jeanne and myself. Mine rode in the trunk for quite a while. In Augest I made a run to Houston and fried in the heat. On the trip home I pulled out the cool vest, soaked it full and put it on. Contrary to advertising, my shirt did get wet as dit the top of my pants. But, I WAS COOL! Best $39.00 I ever spent. Carried a gallon of water with me and when it stopped cooling I just pulled over, got wet and rode on. :D

·
Administrator
28,889 Posts
Now I know why the little lady & I opted to come down your way on our trip in June.

By the way are there any issues in the big state in June?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I went in July 03 to Portland Oregon to pick up my 02 Gold Wing, on the way home it was over 100 degrees both days. I stopped at every rest stop on the 5 fwy. and soaked my t-shirt with cold water from the drinking fountain and put a light wind breaker on over it, worked like a swamp cooler for about an hour at a time, about a year later I borrowed a cool vest from a friend when I went to Wing Ding in Montana and it came in real handy, they do work great.

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
When I'm in americade I will check out the vest. Someone there must sell them.

·
Administrator
28,889 Posts
Could be windy but it will be nice. Rainy season should be over by then.
Thanks lonewolf. When the little lady & I leave San Antonio we plan on heading up through hill country to Lubbock, then to Amarillo. It looks like some nice riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts