Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks let me share something that took me 50 years to discover.
Summer is around the corner and it will get hot. Last year I orderd "Cool Vests" for Jeanne and myself. Mine rode in the trunk for quite a while. In Augest I made a run to Houston and fried in the heat. On the trip home I pulled out the cool vest, soaked it full and put it on. Contrary to advertising, my shirt did get wet as dit the top of my pants. But, I WAS COOL! Best $39.00 I ever spent. Carried a gallon of water with me and when it stopped cooling I just pulled over, got wet and rode on. :D

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Now I know why the little lady & I opted to come down your way on our trip in June.

By the way are there any issues in the big state in June?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I went in July 03 to Portland Oregon to pick up my 02 Gold Wing, on the way home it was over 100 degrees both days. I stopped at every rest stop on the 5 fwy. and soaked my t-shirt with cold water from the drinking fountain and put a light wind breaker on over it, worked like a swamp cooler for about an hour at a time, about a year later I borrowed a cool vest from a friend when I went to Wing Ding in Montana and it came in real handy, they do work great.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
When I'm in americade I will check out the vest. Someone there must sell them.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I know why the little lady & I opted to come down your way on our trip in June.

By the way are there any issues in the big state in June?
Could be windy but it will be nice. Rainy season should be over by then.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Could be windy but it will be nice. Rainy season should be over by then.
Thanks lonewolf. When the little lady & I leave San Antonio we plan on heading up through hill country to Lubbock, then to Amarillo. It looks like some nice riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts