Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets take you for a ride through the Adelaide hill in spring. We had a little bit of a late start for this ride and I wanted to get into the hills for the wild flowers. The first 3 photos are in the hills going to Clarendon and the last 2 are in Clarendon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Very Nice Eric & Vanessa but.......

How come the titles of the pictures say last of USA photos???:rolleyes:;)

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is because we had photo on th SD card that we didn't know about. After all 5000 photos in the USA would not be enough:D.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
At Meadows I took a new road for us which went to Prospect Hill. It was a black top road. The country side looks great.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Nice Eric I would love to see all of that in person, some day mate.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But then it goes to a gravel road. I didn't even think twice. There was some good views on this road.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some of the scenes along here were great. But the road was getting quite loose and we were two up on a wing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice Eric I would love to see all of that in person, some day mate.
We would love to take you both around the Adelaide Hills. Actually we would love to take you anywhere around here.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
At about now I really don't know where I am. But it was good scenery so who cares.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well did I find any wild flowers. (What he forgot to say is that this is the Golden Wattle... our national flower emblem V.)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am going to have to find a way off this dirt road. I knew I could do it. Black top and I know where I am.

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
I am going to have to find a way off this dirt road. I knew I could do it. Black top and I know where I am.
Off Roading with the Wing again ehhh..Mate??

Great tour of the Adelaide Hills folks.:D Thanks for taking us along.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
After a lunch of a beef pie, vanilla slice & a coffee/latte, we rode to Glacier Rock. We were not sure what we would find as the last time it was all closed, the grass waist high and we were worried about snakes.... so we left. As we rode in we noticed the cafe had had a facelift and the grasshad been cut/poisoned. Decided to take some photos and have a coffee to support the new owners.
I learned of this place in my first year of geology study.. and have been here a few times since.
The creek was too high to get to the striated and polished basement rock or pavement, didn't want to slip on the moss, algae and water weed :). Another site of ancient glaciation is also visible at Hallett Cove Conservation Park about 60 miles from here. I am sure there are other places you can see this but it is visible on the western side of the lake at St Mary, Glacier NP in the USA.
The large rock in the side of the bank is a large granite boulder, an erratic, dropped from the melting glacier , lifted from VictoHarbour, about 20 miles from here .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Who was that. Did someone say we were not there. Hang on a minute I have a photo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On the return trip a new road again. At the start of the road was a warning about how steep the road was but it was black top.
In the last photo, meet one of the locals.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 34 Posts