Honda Goldwing Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Reservations made at Holiday end express Motel 6 was full. Just an fyi. Or they said they were on their web. No matter they are real close to each other.
Please contact the hotel directly – DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE!!! Due to the group reservation, it will state that no rooms are available!!!
FYI - I already got the best price as they matched GWRRA!

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Reservations made at Holiday end express Motel 6 was full. Just an fyi. Or they said they were on their web. No matter they are real close to each other.
Please contact the hotel directly – DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE!!! Due to the group reservation, it will state that no rooms are available!!!
FYI - I already got the best price as they matched GWRRA!
No big deal Tom, we want the hotel points from HIE. I think they are next door to each other.

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
Reservation made. See you all then and there.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
George, Cleburne State Park is where many of our riders will camp. There are a few cabins but I don't think they have restrooms or showers. You'll be communal with the tenters. And, you'll have to bring your own linens.

Dinosaur Valley SP has no cabins at all.

Now you know why Tom is digging for group rates for hotels/motels

HI, Norma
Thanks, Randy. Still not decided. Norma says hello.

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
Come on George, You guys have got to come. We miss seeing you guys.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
We’re looking at it, Alan, but 1300 miles OW, on the expressway, will cost us 4 days there and then four back, which will be about $800-1,000, plus the 3 nights in Cleburne. Not sure I want to spend that for just 3 days, although seeing/visiting with everybody will be great. Lots to consider, specifically if SHE is willing and the weather is okay. In prior years, we took our time, sightseeing and making a vacation out of the backroad routes to M&G’s, seeing it all. Now that we’ve pretty much ‘seen it all’, it gets harder finding places of interest to us that we haven’t seen. In 2014, we rode to Kerrville, TX, for the M&G there, and took our time, through LA and all over TX, plus living in GA, we did every mile in AL, MS & LA over the years, which leaves us with getting to the M&G in TX, as quick as possible

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
Not sure what we we’ll do!
We totally understand. We've had to cancel or postpone several trips because of finances and my health since Carol retired. Health and finances wise, things are still a go for us to make it. We were going to go down to south Texas after the M&G, but a Cardio Dr's appointment spoiled those plans. We do hope you can make it, but as I said, we totally understand if you don't.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Bumping....

We do have a lot of 'locals' here - are they going to join, even if it is for a day?

81 - 91 of 91 Posts