Honda Goldwing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Jinx, I don't know of any M&G that has been camping only. We have riders, me included, that will get a room every time. But we have riders like WARWGN and Dreamweaver who have been banned from almost every hotel/motel chain nationwide who don't have a choice.
Look, we can't help it if that pet beaver got loose in the Motel and ate the furniture or that the badger got out of his cage and ate half the bed. They had been so good before, we just don't know what set them off. Could have been Warwgn's pet twin coons next door but we ain't sure. He fed them some of his famous Peach stuff and thats enough to make anyone go nuts. We will just bring our two parrots this time who have been watching and listening to Eddie Murphy for years and have a very colorful vocabulary......>:) Isaac

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Come on, Lee. I talked to the Constable. We have such a low crime rate here, he's sure he'll have a very affordable room for you.

Isaac, I remember that badger. Any carnivore that can eat half of a bed is to be avoided. You should have thought of that before you packed him.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Jinx, I don't know of any M&G that has been camping only. We have riders, me included, that will get a room every time. But we have riders like WARWGN and Dreamweaver who have been banned from almost every hotel/motel chain nationwide who don't have a choice.
I have been on three M&Gs with other groups that were camping only. They were a lot of fun. On one we had a flash flood go thru the campgrounds.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Welcome to the forum Randy. The organizers will fill you in on the details but generally we go on group rides through the local area then sit around and chat wile drinking beverages.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
This is not a camping M&G. I will send updates for the hotel(s) a bit later. Since I used to called 'Howard Johnson' camping, I am not familiar with that subject. Maybe others here can chime in?
Have it at a state park but no camping??? Bahhhhh I will revolt and camp anyway:grin2:

I can still sneak into hotels in Canada:DramaLlama:

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
If this is open to newbies, I would like to get info on what the weekend will be like. New to the forum and getting back into riding after many years. Just got my Goldwing 6 months ago and looking for new riding friends.
Randy, these M&Gs are always open to newbies and recent brand converts. Since admin started letting so many riders from Texas and Virginia in...well, there's no turning back now.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Welcome Randy from the northern tier of PA. M&G's are a great way to meet other forum members and do some good riding. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
I don't know about Issac, but Dustin now has a woman to keep him in line. >:) If they book in Laura's name and sneak him in they might be ok. >:)

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
Put us down in ink. I don't anticipate any surgeries or health problems around that time so we are definitely planning to be there. We will be doing the motel thing so we need to know where to make reservations as soon as you guys figure out where. We will either be coming from or going to Edinburg Texas before or after the M&G. We have been threatened with bodily harm if we didn't get back down to the bottom of Texas for a visit this coming spring so this will be the perfect opportunity to do both. Besides all that, since we had to miss the wedding because of my health we still want to meet Laura and see the ring in Dustin's nose. >:)

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
I don't know about Issac, but Dustin now has a woman to keep him in line. >:) If they book in Laura's name and sneak him in they might be ok. >:)
Alan, my gal lives in Colorado. I might go on up there from the M&G if I can even make the M&G. I will have to pencil in my reservation as April is a long way down the line.But I would love to see all you guys and gals again.Thats for sure.....:grin2: Isaac

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Laura would only have to say Isaac is her grandfather, no problem.

·
Registered
781 Posts
If this is open to newbies, I would like to get info on what the weekend will be like. New to the forum and getting back into riding after many years. Just got my Goldwing 6 months ago and looking for new riding friends.
I was a noob last spring at the Banner elk M&G in NC. Every one made us feel welcome! We meet some awesome people and rode some great roads! We plan on attending the 2020 Cactus run. See you there!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Any update on accommodations ? I am planning on attending just waiting to here about the accommodations . Looking forward to spending a couple of days in Texas.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Any update on accommodations ? I am planning on attending just waiting to here about the accommodations . Looking forward to spending a couple of days in Texas.
Sorry, the end of the year is always crazy at work. I will have something soon, though.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Sorry, the end of the year is always crazy at work. I will have something soon, though.
Thanks just wasn't sure if I missed the post with the accommodations.

·
Administrator
26,011 Posts
I can't do April, but herself and I are in Dallas on the 29th of Feb as well as Sunday the 1st of March. Just chillin' before my meetings with the Polaris gang on Monday and Tuesday. Drop me a PM if anybody is close by that weekend and wants to get together for a bowl of soup or something.

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
D, there is a bunch of us here in DFW area that would like to shake your hand and herself's too (she's not bringing the big knife, is she?).

Give me some details and I'll be there.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts