Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
29,085 Posts
I assume you mean a 1500 because that is the one in the link you provided.

It's not terrible, just a bit of a pain. Pull back the rubber boots at mirrors. Remove mirrors 3 Phillips (a little tough to get at). Once they're off then remove the Chrome facial piece. That reveals the Windshield lock down screws & retainers. Large Phillips removes those. Windshield comes off.

The one thing I didn't mention is you will want to lift the Windshield adjustments levers through the process.

Cut the windshield yourself, have heard it being done with a jigsaw. I would mark it before you take it off & tape it on bothe sides before you cut it.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I cut a couple of inches off of mine right on the bike.Covered the bike up as best I could for dust,taped off the area I was going to cut,marked the cut line useing a pattern made from the top of the windsheild,went at it with a copeing saw and then sanded the edge when done.If you do it on the bike you don't have to worry about trying to hold it and not scratch it.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Just cut mine 3 days ago.Took out 2". Piece of cake! Got the info from here (this forum). Very helpful! Thank you guys. Just use a lot of masking tape and very fine sand paper. After you are done use MEK from your local hardware store to seal the edge. Looks like factory cut. I was using a jigsaw with a metal blade (blade with fine teeth).

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just cut mine 3 days ago.Took out 2". Piece of cake! Got the info from here (this forum). Very helpful! Thank you guys. Just use a lot of masking tape and very fine sand paper. After you are done use MEK from your local hardware store to seal the edge. Looks like factory cut. I was using a jigsaw with a metal blade (blade with fine teeth).
I need to get the courage up I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.