Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m 5’8” , my new 2010 Wing OEM windshield has wind buffeting/noise.

Im looking for a clear sport-short windshield, I would like to be able to see over the shield, also be able to adjust it higher
for wind protection or rain. Any recommendation on after market quiet sport windshield?

Thanks in advance.
jdgw_wannabe
IBA # 38829

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Sounds like you want the best of all worlds. A windshield that is short and tall and does not make any noise. That's probably the wish of every bike rider.. Good luck and let us know what you find...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The shorter the shield the more noise and buffeting you will get.
This one is expensive but comes with a motor so you can raise it and lower it. And I think it has different size top halves.
http://www.firecreekacc.com/

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Nice find Joe! Gonna look into that.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Update! I just got off the phone with Firecreek (maker of the Windbender w/s). I ordered the screen and the electric actuator. Surprisingly, the w/s kit isn't that much more than the V-stream, although it is a bit more. Not sure how soon I'll get it installed, but I'll post the install with pics if I can. Looking forward to having an electrically adjustable screen again. I won't be able to test the thing until April or so, but I'll let everyone know what my findings are.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Two things I'm not sure about the setup is, having the actuator in the middle of the screen, doesn't look good, and for the wind shield to move up and down, wont it rattle on the tracks in the wind with time?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts