Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob questions.

I finally installed my 2010 GW Factory Spoiler.
Looks fast, looks good, but function as brake light only. I would like to have
running + brake function.
My questions are the following, what color wires are;
- brake ?
- running ?

Thanks, jdgw_wannabe
IBA # 38829

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
The Honda spoiler on my 2009 functions as a brake light only. I believe the spoiler on my 98 GL1500 functioned as both. The one on the 1500 came from the factory. The 1800's was installed by the dealer. Wonder why the difference??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TWW:
I believe the part below will allow the Spoiler/LED to be a running + brake light.

Also the bottom link(brake-modulator) allows you to flash it, this is the next part of my install, as soon as i identify the wire color-code(running/brake), maybe this weekend.

Dual function wire/harness.
http://thewingstore.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=761

3mode Brake-Modulator.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Brake-Attention-Module-12-volt-BACK-OFF-Flasher-WOW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZalgoQ3dLVIQ26ituQ3dUCIQ26otnQ3d3Q26poQ3dLVIQ26psQ3d63Q26clkidQ3d8217313074952840360QQ

jdgw_wannabe
IBA # 38829

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
There is a simple little circuit with a diode and a resistor that allows the spoiler to work as running lights and and brake. It doesn't flash or anything fancy. Just running lights then gets brighter when the brakes are applied. Just have to be able to solder a couple of wires. I got a couple out in my shop.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought one the plug n play wire converters in the above link from wingstuff.com. Very simple installation. Works great. Why cut and solder wires when you can just plug in a wire and be done?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed the 4 way spoiler light on 2 wings 04 and an 05. They are brake, running and turn signal LED's work great. I also just installed the superflash unit which makes the brakes flash and it is also adjustable with regards to number of flashes and how fast they flash. Both of these items were purchased from Electrical Connection. As far as I am concerned you can't go wrong with this set up. Installation was fairly simple for both, just follow the directions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts