Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be receiving my OEM spoiler in a few days, and I want to make sure I don't mess up on the install. I've read posts on this forum and did a Google search and found good step by step instructions.

I've read some have found index marks on the under side of their trunk lid and some haven't. Has anyone done an install on a 2010 recently and found if it does or doesn't have the index marks.

This will be a nice addition to my bike and make me more visible from behind. Thanks for any help provided.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
I should be receiving my OEM spoiler in a few days, and I want to make sure I don't mess up on the install. I've read posts on this forum and did a Google search and found good step by step instructions.

I've read some have found index marks on the under side of their trunk lid and some haven't. Has anyone done an install on a 2010 recently and found if it does or doesn't have the index marks.

This will be a nice addition to my bike and make me more visible from behind. Thanks for any help provided.
good question , i have one sitting in my office and haven't found the time to install it yet

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
I would wonder " why" of those who did not find the marks; not there or not knowing what they are looking at. I've seen them on my '08 because my riding bud who installed the spoiler on his '10 showed me where mine were while I was installing a luggage rack. So speaking for him, yes they are there. Nice link jayhawk. GORDO is no doubt inspired.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
All have the marks-all come from same molds and all molds have been tooled to create the "marks" during the molding process.
Remember-the hole for the wiring harness is only on one side

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While doing a Google search I found Steve Saunders Goldwing Facts forum, he said he used the marks and they were dead on.

I'll be getting the spoiler in the mail sometime next week and I'll open her up and see what I find.

I sure appreciate all the help, when you're drilling holes in a new Goldwing you want it right, like they say, measure twice drill once.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You should also get a template with the install instructions. Cut it out and use it to double check the index marks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you ever get over around Grand Lake give me a shout and we'll go for a ride. I have to admit beforehand that I'm pretty rusty but getting more comfortable everyday on the GW.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I did mine and the hardest part was getting enough gumption to drill the holes. Measure carefully! The marks should be there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got comfirmation it was shipped today, hopefully will be installing it this weekend.

I'll post the results.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts