Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 GoldWing and the speedometer is off by 10%. I recently went on a long trip from Huntley IL to Fort Walton Beach FL so I went past a bunch of mile markers and every time I would drive 1 mile and 1 tenth each time. Also went past one of those automatic radar signs at 25 mph indicated and it said I was doing 19 mph. Is there a fix for this so I'm more accurate? This means I have less miles on the bike than indicated... Bummer

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
First, welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Is Huntley, IL home for you?? Early Wings were famous for that problem. I don't know if there is a fix. Later models 07 and up seem to have corrected the problem for the most part. My 09 is within 1 MPH at 60 according to my GPS.

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Greetings & welcome aboard the site. I have seen threads about changing the size of the tire to compensate for variance in speedometer. If you search the site threads you may find it or one of our other members may remember the details. The other thing you could do is know what the difference is & drive by that. Not a solution per se but would work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have an 03 GoldWing and the speedometer is off by 10%. I recently went on a long trip from Huntley IL to Fort Walton Beach FL so I went past a bunch of mile markers and every time I would drive 1 mile and 1 tenth each time. Also went past one of those automatic radar signs at 25 mph indicated and it said I was doing 19 mph. Is there a fix for this so I'm more accurate? This means I have less miles on the bike than indicated... Bummer
there is a fix called SPEED0-HEALER
I had the same problem with my VTX.
I found out about it on the VTX Owners Board.
I don't remember the cost, but around $125
It worked for me and got my speedo right on with my GPS.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
That is off by a lot, most are off by 4 MPH at around 60 + and 4 miles every 100. My 02 was off that much and so was my 08. In 09 Honda fixed the problem. Speedo healer will correct it, google it and you will find a source for it, or on your next tire change put a 70 series tire on the back instead of the 60 it comes with, thats another way to correct it. I just did that on my 08 and the speedo is dead on with my GPS.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to the board, sorry you have a speedo glitch, but you can always call it a built in speeding ticket vaccine (just kidding). Hope ya get it sorted and enjoy your riding more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts