Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:New issue noticed this morning when heading out to work. My '82 gl1100 speedometer, trip/odometer and turn signal cancel are all not working and they all seemed to fail at the same time. Looked all through my repair manual and nothing. Any ideas on what might cause them all to go at the same time?

I have done a little searching on forums and found nothing concerning my exact problem. Is the turn relay linked to the speedometer? What should I look at first?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Either the speedo drive in the front wheel or the speedo cable is broken.The self-canceling signals run off of a counter in the speedo head.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either the speedo drive in the front wheel or the speedo cable is broken.The self-canceling signals run off of a counter in the speedo head.
So first look at the head by the wheel and then at the speedo? I have read forums on how to check the cable. Use a drill? would you recommend that?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Sure.If you undo the cable at the wheel and spin it slow with the drill and the needle moves that part is OK then get the front wheel off of the ground,spin it and look to see if the drive at the wheel is turning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts