Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed speed bleeders in every spot possible on my wing this morning (clutch, front and rear calipers, and anti dive valve, 8 total). The initial work of getting the clutch slave and the front brakes took the longest. Then I did it in stages,
1st replaced the clutch slave bleeder screw and flushed the system,
2nd replaced the 2 bleed screws that are operated by the hand lever, then flushed and bled at the same time
3rd replaced the 5 bleed screws that are worked with the foot brake and flushed the system

this made it soooooooooooooooooooo easy, it is now a simple one person job
put the hose over the bleed screw, clip hose in old mayo open screw, pump brake until clean fluid, close her up....done

I do believe I am going to order them for my truck and my wife's car... so I can single handed flush those two as well

I am running out of projects

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes sir, you got it right. I've added speed bleeders to nine different bikes in the last few years. It sure makes it easy to do the annual brake bleed.

Reactions: dsurley

·
Registered
145 Posts
Did that last year on my 05 Wing and makes things so much easier. Had changed out on my Magna a few years back and thats when I first learned of them. Money well spent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts