Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This being my first Wing, I am confused about the happenings in my glove boxes. On the right side (with the key) I have what looks like a satellite radio connection? On the left side I think it's just an AUX connection, because I can plug in my MP3 player into it, hit the AUX button and it works through the speakers and volume control only (No CD player type functions). However, it has another mating plug in there that may be a connection to complete another circuit? I included photos for you guys that may be able to identify what I have. As always, any help is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Yep, they are "add on's". What year is your Wing? Do you have access to the previous owner to see what they are for and if they work?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys,
I wish I had communication with the previous owner (it was used at a dealer). I was maybe thinking he may be part of this community and notice this bike. If so, I would like to let him know that I am very happy with it, but would love some past history on it. Anyway, it is a 2005.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I'll hazard a guess on the left pocket female plug: Connection for controls on heated riding suit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The locking glove box connections look like satellite radio connections. Just put Sirius Radio on my wing and that’s what the cable ends look like.

This being my first Wing, I am confused about the happenings in my glove boxes. On the right side (with the key) I have what looks like a satellite radio connection? On the left side I think it's just an AUX connection, because I can plug in my MP3 player into it, hit the AUX button and it works through the speakers and volume control only (No CD player type functions). However, it has another mating plug in there that may be a connection to complete another circuit? I included photos for you guys that may be able to identify what I have. As always, any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chopin,
A riding suit plugs into the bike huh? I guess the sky's the limit with regards to accessories for these things eh?

Graves,
In the locking box I was able to trace one wire back to a XM radio antenna tucked in the crease of the windshield and the dash.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would recommend that you send these pics to Wingstuff tech support and JM tech support....they might know thus you can buy the device that hooks up to them from these guys....

Good Luck....Safe Ride

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys,
I had a chance to look at it and I figured part of this out.
The locked box is wired for XM radio and has a antenna cable, a power source and a 1/8 male connector. The male connector is routed over to the left side box (aux box) that is coupled to another 1/8 male connector. This completes the circuit to the AUX function on the radio. It also gives you the option to unplug the XM and plug in an ipod or something, in the left box as a alternate AUX source. Basically, you can have an AUX unit in the left or right box. Not a bad idea I suppose. Now I just need to figure out what the power source is connected to and how many volts. I may be able to use that a cig lighter (power port).....

MXRocker

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
MX, not trying to be a smart-a$$ or anything, but it better supply 12volts. What you really need to know is what amperage it will allow. Unfortunately I have no idea on Earth how to find that out, but to be safe, I wouldn't assume more than 10, and 5-7 isn't out of the question.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys,
I had a chance to look at it and I figured part of this out.
The locked box is wired for XM radio and has a antenna cable, a power source and a 1/8 male connector. The male connector is routed over to the left side box (aux box) that is coupled to another 1/8 male connector. This completes the circuit to the AUX function on the radio. It also gives you the option to unplug the XM and plug in an ipod or something, in the left box as a alternate AUX source. Basically, you can have an AUX unit in the left or right box. Not a bad idea I suppose. Now I just need to figure out what the power source is connected to and how many volts. I may be able to use that a cig lighter (power port).....

MXRocker
If you are talking about using the power cord from the satelite radio as a power cord for a lighter, it is not heavy enough for the amperage the lighter will draw.

·
Registered
7 Posts
MX, not trying to be a smart-a$$ or anything, but it better supply 12volts. What you really need to know is what amperage it will allow. Unfortunately I have no idea on Earth how to find that out, but to be safe, I wouldn't assume more than 10, and 5-7 isn't out of the question.
If it is from a newer Sirius or XM unit, it will be 5 volts. Rather simple to find out with a meter though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts