Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 895 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its still several months off, but I think we may want to start some advanced planning.

First, would be where. Texas Hill Country? Big Bend National Park? East texas? Gulf Coast? I really don't mean to restrict this to Texas. I'm open to a Southwest M&G. So, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana?

And campers, these first two trips, we stayed in state parks. Some riding areas may not have good ride-in camping with facilities. What about something like KOA? Or your suggestion.

I'm not in charge here. I'm only wanting to get a headstart and make the next meet as good as these last two. If you've got a prime local area that you want to show us, tell us about it. Or something on the bucket list, lay it out. This trip and every trip should be for all of us. More input will make the trip that much better. But I do think we should stay within the 5 state area. After all, we are talking about a Southwest M&G.

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
i'm not surprised that i'm not the only one thinking of a place to ride to next year. with any luck i'll have the 1200 wing back on the road and my niece lisa can go. five hours on the road is sandy's limit which gets us to chicago so she's out on what ever trip i plan

·
Super Moderator
28,017 Posts
Randy if you guys end up in Arkansas or Louisiana in May you might just find some Fossils.:err:

:YellowWink:

·
Premium Member
5,533 Posts
Randy,
I am in for anywhere you want to meet, as long as I'm in country.

·
Registered
253 Posts
anywhere is good for me i know hill country is great riding and the three sisters i not bad at all, so up for anywhere, just want to hang with yall. larry

·
Super Moderator
14,103 Posts
We have the Hoon coming in May, and sounds like a Fossil too. I hate to raise hopes that I can come along but I will keep up with the thread and do my best, depending on the timing and work, to show up. All those locations sound great. I've been to Big Bend and the Davis Mountains and they are excellent riding destinations. Of course so it the Hill Country and western Arkansas. The Three Sisters route in the Hill Country are on my bucket list.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bill, I was really thinking of the Rolling Austrailian Thunder Tour as a seperate event. If I don't get that week of vacation, I'll at least make the Lawton-Amarillo leg.

We could combine them, but not everyone will be able to get away that particular weekend. So the salad bar is still open for everyone to pick and choose.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I've got vacation April 5-13. Dreamweaver suggests making this a four day meet. That gives those coming a long ways an extra day to play.

So how about Friday the 4th thru Monday the 7? Our Sat thru Tue? Those who want or need to start home on the third day can. Those who want to do an extended version will know they can. The extra day can be a rest day or I've got a good little 3hr + lunch ride in mind.

·
Registered
253 Posts
sorry been gone for awhile. if i have nothing else going on i am so there whether it be a 4 day or a 3 day i am in.
larry

·
Super Moderator
14,103 Posts
I put those dates into my calendar. It may be tough and I will have to see how work is going this year. We are having a lot of archealogical issues getting started with our prescribe burning right now. It has put us back at least two months. So come April if we aren't caught up I probably will have to stick around to help. Sure hope I can make this one.

·
Premium Member
5,533 Posts
I will be home during that time frame , I am in.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm getting into the details of the ride now. I've got a weeks vacation starting Jan11. So sometime before the end of that week, I'll go down there and check out some campsites. I've already looked at Garner and Lost Maples state parks. This time I'll look at some privately owned properties.

That brings up the question of how many campers should I expect?

·
Super Moderator
14,103 Posts
If I can get away from work I will be camping. I'll have to wait and see how things get started this year. I should know by the middle of March.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you, Mark.

I know Hallct will camp. And Dreamweaver and son, Rock42, and WARWGN if they can make it. Anybody else?

How about motel rooms?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I'd like I ride west this spring myself. I just couldn't make your last one in the fall. And maybe it won't have to be such a flying trip like Dustin made either.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
giz, if George hits a lottery, we're moving this ride to Vegas and he will be the most gracious host.

That little site inspection ride next month, if any one wants to go, will probably be a one-night stay. Just tell me what days are best and we'll work it out.

1 - 20 of 895 Posts