Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys here's the plan....
Sept. 29 (same date as NE Region) 7:30 am.
I think Birmngham, Al is a fair central point. The main connector would be I65.
Eat a light Breakfast then ride North towards Moulton. Nice roads and really nice Steakhouse.
I am open to other suggestions. Just opening the Topic....
Let's see what the interest is.:)

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
You guys need to move
To like Va , Md or Pa that way we can always ride

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Shucks Ref, I'd have leave tomorrow to make. Move it to Cody,Wy and I'd come.:D
You guy have a great time.
Should think about one more lunch gathering for the N.w. Area.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far 1 yes 1 maybe and 2 No......Looks promising

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
What do you think GORDO can we make it after breakfast.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I have had a couple interested in this. I will be patient.

·
Administrator
15,289 Posts
Ref,
I would like to but I am supposed to lead a ride for our local chapter of the GWRRA on that day. If it falls through I'll ride to Birmingham, 4 hours from the house. Just around the corner.

Better dates for me are Oct 27 and Nov 3.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ref,
I would like to but I am supposed to lead a ride for our local chapter of the GWRRA on that day. If it falls through I'll ride to Birmingham, 4 hours from the house. Just around the corner.

I like the Nov. 3rd date as well......Hopefully we can shoot for that if others want to.
I plan on being in your area on the 29th.......I might could catch the GWRRA ride if you let me know you plans.

·
Administrator
15,289 Posts
I plan on being in your area on the 29th.......I might could catch the GWRRA ride if you let me know you plans.
We are heading for Greenville and that Chapter's Fun Day. We will meet up at the Exxon station on Hwy 49, KSU at 08:30. We may change KSU to 08:00 but right now that is the plan.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=F...enville,+&t=m&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=16&via=1&z=11

This is the route I like to take. Hwy 433 has nice sweepers and the Satartia Road is through the fields and rivers of the Delta. Back at Hwy 16 for more sweepers then over to Hwy 1 for the run up to Greenville. The Fun Day last year was at this park and I think it is the same again. But I will have to find out later. Come ride and stay as long as you want. Let me know.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't get the AL part its so flat out there why not north GA in the mountains, way more beautiful ridin and for the people up north its right down 85 out of Richmond and cut off thru the mtns on NC off 40 into GA. Only a suggestion. Cause if you take the right road in NC you will see stuff like nowhere else. Only suggestions guys cause I travel that area pretty extensive.... Oh and if your Moto-Campers I can put a bunch up in the wood for free

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ref,

I can do either of these dates. Leave for Las Vegas on 29 Sep... The ride from Birmingham sounds good. I will have to start early, too, since it is 1-1/2 from my house.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't get the AL part its so flat out there why not north GA in the mountains, way more beautiful ridin and for the people up north its right down 85 out of Richmond and cut off thru the mtns on NC off 40 into GA. Only a suggestion. Cause if you take the right road in NC you will see stuff like nowhere else. Only suggestions guys cause I travel that area pretty extensive.... Oh and if your Moto-Campers I can put a bunch up in the wood for free
I'm always open to that area. Would love to put one together there. However, I thought about Birmingham, Al as a central point for folks in Tenn., Miss.,Florida and Georgia. NC is by far a better ride for an extended gathering......I was looking for a ride folks could get to and get back in one day. That seems to be the idea around the Pa. Va. group.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can do either of these dates. Leave for Las Vegas on 29 Sep... The ride from Birmingham sounds good. I will have to start early, too, since it is 1-1/2 from my house.
This thing is coming along....Sept 29 doesn't look like it will work so we can shoot for Nov. 3. Should be reasonable temps.....

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Well I have had a couple interested in this. I will be patient.
i tell you what one day we should meet him half way from his house

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well my offer for free camping, stands but soon in the future I'm working on a MC only Lodge and Campground in Ellijay GA. But thats a on going project. Even if I'm out of town on a run its available... Just tuck it in the back of you minds.

·
Registered
245 Posts
This thing is coming along....Sept 29 doesn't look like it will work so we can shoot for Nov. 3. Should be reasonable temps.....
November 3 sounds like a winner. So, you are looking at doing a ride up, an overnight, and then ride home? Works for me.:cool:

·
Administrator
15,289 Posts
November 3, got it down in the calendar. Should not be a problem getting there. I'll plan on getting an early start (even for me) and meet you for breakfast. You say where. If we break up after eating in Moulton I may just head back. Depends on the time of day. If it's late I will find a place. I took a group up that way last year to see the Clarkson Covered Bridge, which is a little south of Moulton area. It is some nice roads.

cpwomer; thanks for the camping offer. That sounds like a good plan for a long weekend get together. The roads in your area are great. Let me know when you get set up and I will spread the word around this area. That's only a good days ride away.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nov. 3rd....it is written. I will put together some breakfast ideas. Now I'm excited again.

·
Registered
112 Posts
EFinref, let me know your route and landing zones and maybe I could intercept and run into breakfast with yall from the north... and some of the other GA members in Actworth and Buford and surrounding area can join us to0...

1 - 20 of 189 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.