Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding my 99' 1500 since spring,and I'm disappointed with the stock speaker sound.Over 45or 50mph with the road noise it isn't very good.Same goes for the speakers in the helmets that came with the bike.Will new speakers make a difference?Being my first wing,I don't have anything to measure it against.Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
You have to consider that the radio, speakers and technology are 11 years old. New speakers can make a difference, but you are still limited to the output of the existing radio. New speakers will not help the headset problem. For that you will need a better set of helmet speakers. There are a lot of choices out there for new speakers and headsets with a large $$$ range. Good luck..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Speakers

The easiest answer to this is replace the old unit with an up todate head unit and buy the best 4" speakers you can afford, I have just replaced the unit on my Interstate with a Sony head unit with 150 watt Kenwood speakers, no problem listening to music now :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just replaced the speakers in my 97. Unless you want to do some modifications, stock audio speakers don't fit in the fairing so I went with the J&M replacements...much better than before. I put Memphis Audio in the rear. Wired in a ipod plug and switch and i'm rocking. J&M Elite in the helmet. THe helmet speakers are okay. Nice to have sound in there but not very full (I have HJC CL-Max full face).

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
I'm running J&M speakers in the front, they are waterproof and they sound great, I hope to add a set to the rear of my 93 Aspencade. Be careful what you purchase look for the words 'Waterproof' or 'Water resistant' when you buy it does make a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts