Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my repair DVD's and have never received them. Fex-
x says they were left at the door, only problem it wasn't my door. Now I have to go thru all the hassel of getting the company to send me another set or try and get my money back, I can use UPS or the postal service with out a problem but Fed-X drivers can not find there As* with both hands.

·
Super Moderator
7,609 Posts
Probably left it on someone else's door step or someone swiped it.
Where I used to live in Florida there were always bold thieves who'd steal packages left by your front door or steal mail looking for checks.
I hope the seller sends you a replacement.

·
Premium Member
24,119 Posts
Crap! This scenario happens so infrequently now days we can never be on guard for it. Did you order them through a private seller or a retailer ? Sure they didn't hide it in the shrubs ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fed X

Problem is they were never here, I don't know where they delivered it but it wasn't at my house you have to come down the drive to my house they can not set out on the road or someone will run over them and I was here all day and have two dogs that will let you know when anyone comes down the drive. So tired of Fed-X seems like one problem is they never have the same driver....

·
Premium Member
24,632 Posts
Fedex used to be super dependable, seems as though things have changed however. I did think that they required a signature for all packages received?:confused:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had a truck bed covered sent fed-x and the regular driver was sick and the fill in driver delivered it to another address. This was a 3'x6' box. I checked tracking and new the delivery date and it said delivered so I called them and the next morning the regular driver was at my doorstep and said it was still on the porch of the other house.

·
Premium Member
24,632 Posts
Looks like an O and two count on Fedex. I'd bet on a 100 mph fastball on the next pitch!;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Crap! This scenario happens so infrequently .
Sure they didn't hide it in the shrubs ?
AND THAT THEY WILL.....
A Fed X driver once put a package in MY bushes / shrubbs that belonged to a friend. He lives about eight miles from me. No name, number, road or anything was in common, so no reason to blame it on mis-read information.....
When we triped across it doing yard work, Found out later, it has been there for about two weeks. (Shrubbs by the true front door, that we NEVER use, we use the carport door.) When found, looked at name and brought over to him. We were all so baffled. He told me that he and Fed X has been on outs over this package. They so called looked it up in their computer logs, and swore it was delivered to HIS house at HIS front door. When he contacted them and told them the story. They said he just found where HE may have put it, and wanted to put the blame on them.
He is still highly pissed at the situation. Still think it is a wise idea to sign for their packages. No wife, friend, relative, neighbor, should be able to sign but the one who's name is one the box. I have had much things lost threw Fed X , and U.S. Mail.
UPS is bad about damaging packages. Think they play football with the little boxes at night in the thier hubs. ..... :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No Signature required

Fedex used to be super dependable, seems as though things have changed however. I did think that they required a signature for all packages received?:confused:
Signature is not required unless requested. That way they just drop it and go. Did receive the package yesterday driver had to go get it as he had left it at the wrong address.

·
Registered
68 Posts
In Toronto, we often get packages delivered by Purolator. If no one is home, they leave a tag and we go pick it up at a depot not far away. The postal service will leave a parcel but sometimes the driver will check with a neighbour too. I do not know of anyone having a delivery that is left by the door stolen.

·
Premium Member
24,632 Posts
Glad you got your package johnnie1. There is a large furniture (to remain nameless) that we ordered a bed from many years ago. They were to contact me to let them into the house but no call ever came. Got home that evening and my new waterbed and frame pieces were piled in the driveway. I lived on the edge of the highway at the time, stuff was in plain view for the world to see. They got a nasty phone call over that one.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
The Fed Ex trucks are tracked by GPS and each delivery is marked when they scan the bar code at time and place of delivery. You can call the Local Office and they can tell you exactly where the package was left. I've had it happen several times and they always sent out the driver after his run to retrieve the package and deliver it to the right spot. Truth is, I would hate to be a Fed EX or UPS driver.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I run a small business, and always used USPS and UPS, but decided to add Fed Ex. Had three overnight packages in a row fail to deliver in 1 day, one of them took THREE days. Fed Ex said I failed to get it to the right desk the first time, failed to get it in time the second time, (both times, I dropped at Fed Ex drop boxes well within the times posted on the box for overnight) and the third time I hand delivered it directly to the Fed Ex counter and got a receipt, time stamped and they STILL never gave me even a small discount off overnight times. I threw away anything with Fed Ex on it, and have stayed with USPS and UPS. NEVER had a package lost with those. One package was in a train wreck, but I got it back and UPS paid for the damage. This is in 20 years. I send maybe an average of 20 packages a week.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
well my fedex package arrived today, on the right day and undamaged to the right address but i have found other fedex deliveries hidden around the house like in the rose bush, under the outdoor furnature on the front porch, andbetween the screen door and main side door. it would be nice if they left a notification when they did a drop and run

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
well my fedex package arrived today, on the right day and undamaged to the right address but i have found other fedex deliveries hidden around the house like in the rose bush, under the outdoor furnature on the front porch, andbetween the screen door and main side door. it would be nice if they left a notification when they did a drop and run
I live 30 miles from the nearest FedEX or UPS Collection Point. I am glad that they do a drop and run. I prefer that to having to go down and try and get my package. Out here they just hang it on the gate. Fine with me.:)

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I am waiting on a package from Harbor Freight and it is being delivered via FedEx....Still waiting on HF to give me a tracking number when it ships...

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
I live 30 miles from the nearest FedEX or UPS Collection Point. I am glad that they do a drop and run. I prefer that to having to go down and try and get my package. Out here they just hang it on the gate. Fine with me.:)
don't get me wrong i am glad that they do a drop and run but put that little white sticky on the front door so i'll know that fedex has been there. i don't use my side door much so when they put the package there it was just there, i don't know how many days but if the sticky was left on the front door i would have looked. the package in the rose bush i found two days later while taking out the garbage

1 - 19 of 19 Posts