1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Boy you do fast work, I just posted that about 1/2/ hr. ago. :)
That was back in 1972, I look a little different today, I don't have a mustache anymore!!

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Boy you were sure one bad @*^ looking dude back then Joe. You were styyylin'. :D

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Great photo Joe! Pretty sure we all looked alot different in those days. For me it was shoulder length hair and the required brazen attitude.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
don't you have that pic on another forum joe, i think i've seen it before

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Yes it is on another forum, thats how Two Wheel King found it. That was my first bike, after that I got my first Honda 750, it was a 72 root beer brown color. That is when I grew shoulder length hair and a beard. I don't think I have a picture of that :)

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are great pics Joe. I wish I had some of my first bike. I'll have to go through the archives. Loved those 750's. That was my dream bike, but never had one. A guy down the street from me had a Honda 350 4 cyl which was pretty rare. Oh, by the way, I don't look the same after 35 years either. Ride safe....

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Time for a new forum category : " We was bad once upon a time ". Come on, post your past. Remember: the older we get the better we were. P.S. Traded my bike in for this 1983 Sport coupe. Damn Joe. We might be brothers.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Would that be the lovely Mz. Vickie looking so coy?

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I took her out for a " short " ride on the bike tonight. I think it went pretty well. Only felt her lean the opposite way once; I verbally corrected her. Complained about the wind " back there "; I told her to look down. I think we did a generous 7 miles together. When she got off the bike and took her helmet off and said " How does my hair look ? " I said to myself " this is going to take some time and patience. "

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
My wife hasn't rode in about 7 + years due to a back injury, I sure miss her being behind me, but when she did she had a pin that said "HAIRDO BY HONDA".
Here we are I think it was in 1994 or1995 on our 92 Gold Wing.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
you are lucky to have those pic's joe. i've been to several relatives houses looking for pic's of me on bikes. my sister had a pic of me with my first ten speed but it's too dark. there should be some of me on my honda z50 minitrail

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
My missus spent many thousands of miles (and a ton of paperbcks) behind me. Don't know that we have any pics of us on our travels either. Lots in boxes of the scenery with the bikes in the foreground though.

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
I said to myself " this is going to take some time and patience. "
Give her the time buddy it will be worth it in the end believe me.

I sure miss her being behind me, but when she did she had a pin that said "HAIRDO BY HONDA".
I'll bet you do Joe, I know I would if my wife couldn't ride with me.
I do like the pin though I'll have to tell the little lady about that.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
My missus spent many thousands of miles (and a ton of paperbcks) behind me. Don't know that we have any pics of us on our travels either. Lots in boxes of the scenery with the bikes in the foreground though.
I don't think cameras were a big thing back in the 70' and 80', at least to the guys. The Polaroid Insta-matic was a big deal for awhile, but most of those pictures have faded beyond recognition. Generally, it was the girls who took those pictures and brought them back to us years later. I had a 76' Super Glide for a few years but I neither have nor remember a picture ever being taken.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts