Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick up the new red head mistress this Friday. 2012 Goldwing ABS. Looking forward riding the best of the best. This is bike number 5 since starting to ride at age 14. Keeping a 2009 Yamaha 650 Silverado for now. She is a sweet ride, but not the ultimate tourer.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
I'm sure your mistress will be a good thing. .......Did I just say that?

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. enjoy your new Wing and ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the brand new Wing. Wow, a 2012... Be sure to post some pics for us to review. Enjoy the forum and ride safe...

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello dinstar, welcome to GWOF and congrats on getting the new wing

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Huge atta boy dinstar, and welcome to the fourms. Yes post pics of that baby, I'm going to see one just like it tomorrow (just to look, honest;)). Of course we expect a full review once you get your new machine:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First Picture

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I have the first picture. We trailered the Wing from Atlanta to Warner Robins GA. Went for a short ride today. Tomorrow is the big day. Very impressed so far!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
dinstar, I don't get manufactures anymore. No Toolkit huh? I know some cages don't come with spare tires anymore either. They give you a little compressor kit & fix a flat. Seems crazy. I understand the need to cut costs, but the thing that eats at my common sense is they will spend research money to save some & develop a lower grade product.:confused:

Sorry for the rant on your thread & don't mean to steal your thunder. Your Red machine is a beauty & it's owners look thrilled. Ride Safe & enjoy.

Oh 1 more thing, Your poor Wing looks sad on that trailer. Let's try to not do that anymore, Huh?:D

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Hopefully that is the last time it ever needs to be on a trailer.
I think the reason for no tool kit is there is no way to get to anything easily to work on it anyway!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trailering

Yeah I would have prefered to ride her home, however I was north of Atlanta and would had travel through four Interstates to get home. When I get a few hours on the bike that might be a possibility. Driving through Atlanta can be real ugly during the work week.

I'm currently 90 miles south of home at my daughters house. Perfect trial ride through the rual roads in central Georgia. Looking forward to the ride back this afternoon. The new navigation systems works well. XM radio fades in and out quite a bit in the wooded areas. The bike handled well on the country roads. Plan to crank up the suspension some on the way back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts