Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on here last week nosing around for a ride partner for a trip down south (I'm based in Los Angeles) and I was talking to a friend who doesn't ride about my trips to San Diego.

I said "Yeah, I cruise down the freeway to La Jola, then along the coast road through Pacific Beach. I always end up in Old Towne where I eat WAY more than is healthy for me at the Casa de Reyes, swear I'll never do that again and then wander my way back home"

The next day she came to me with some ideas she'd gotten from the internet about alternatives .... and I said "What part didn't you understand? I ride to Casa de Reyes, eat way more than is healthy for me, swear I'll never do it again and then I come home."

Sometimes, you just can't talk to non-riders.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
So she was just trying to help..:rolleyes: Sometimes they just don't get it huh?:D

Like a 50 mile ride for Ice Cream.:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
I was on here last week nosing around for a ride partner for a trip down south (I'm based in Los Angeles) and I was talking to a friend who doesn't ride about my trips to San Diego.

I said "Yeah, I cruise down the freeway to La Jola, then along the coast road through Pacific Beach. I always end up in Old Towne where I eat WAY more than is healthy for me at the Casa de Reyes, swear I'll never do that again and then wander my way back home"

The next day she came to me with some ideas she'd gotten from the internet about alternatives .... and I said "What part didn't you understand? I ride to Casa de Reyes, eat way more than is healthy for me, swear I'll never do it again and then I come home."

Sometimes, you just can't talk to non-riders.
HUH?:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
160 miles for appetizers

So she was just trying to help..:rolleyes: Sometimes they just don't get it huh?:D

Like a 50 mile ride for Ice Cream.:cool:
Los Angeles to Nipomo to have cocktails and appetizers and then back again .... and non-riders thinking that we're crazy(*).

(*) - Um ... not that I ever disputed that anyway ..... :D

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Been known to take a two hour cruise for a steak sandwich meself once or twice!:D

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
i went and got two slices of pizza saturday in saline, mi. its about 45 miles from home taking the short ( ? ) way but after arriving home i had put on close to 138 miles. i guess i took the long way home :)

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Two weeks ago, I promised to take my 11 year old grandson, Chance on a group breakfast ride. The ride was rained out, but the skies were expected to clear afternoon. So we planned a early dinner ride. The rain didn't stop till 9P.

The group rescheduled the breakfast ride for this past Sunday, and Chance is eager. Yep, rained out again. This time the rain did stop before noon. We did a 3 hour ride to get burgers 30 miles away.

Isn't that why we say "Its not about the destination. Its the ride."?

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
Yep, have that happen to me too. When I need a small thing from the big box home store I take the bike. That, what should be, 30 mile trip often ends up being 100 or so. October is here which is the best month to ride in these parts. The weather has cooled off and this is normally our driest month. GREAT!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts