Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks,

This may be my first post on this site. I have been lurking for a while. We may trade our VTX1800C for a leftover GW. So, I have been reading the posts here.

But, tonight I have some very sad news. The sad news is about an avid motorcyclist and GW rider - Steve H. Steve has been riding since the 1970s. He currently owns a 25th Anniversary GW with matching trailer. He bought it new. It has about 60K miles. He is a real rider - not a poser.

Steve and I worked together in SoCal. Steve and his wonderful wife Susan live in the mountains not far from Mojave, CA. Unfortunately, Steve lost his SoCal job last summer. He recently accepted a new position in Albuquerque, NM. He started about 4 months ago. Steve loved his new job. Steve loved everything. Steve was one of the most optimistic guys I have ever known.

Steve's wife, Susan, was to move to Albuquerque over Memorial weekend. Susan called me at lunch today. My wife and I currently live in Wichita, KS.

Susan had some very sad news. She talked to Steve last Saturday evening around 11. He did not call Sunday. He had had a long week at his new job. Susan assumed he was tired and sleeping all day.

Monday morning when she had not heard from Steve Susan called the hotel and had them go in Steve's room. Steve was dead.

Apparently, Steve died early Sunday morning. The Medical Examiner said it appeared to be massive a coronary attack and happened very suddenly.

We are in shock. We will all miss Steve. Please keep Susan and Steve in your prayers.

Regards,
Joe T.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Very sad news indeed, prayers are lifted from So. Cailf. for his wife and family. About 4 years sort of the same thing happened to a close friend of mine. He went to work on Monday and never came home. He did not answer his cell phone and his wife called the police to check on him at his office, they said his vehicle was not in the parking lot. Tuesday morning she got a call from his co workers, he had a massive heart attack and died at his desk, why the cops said his vehicle was not in the parking is a puzzle because it was there all night. He was going to retire in 4 months.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Joe t... you have my deepest sympaty for your close friend Steve. Wish I knew the words to ease your pain and emptyness. I just lost my father three weeks ago, so what you are feeling is still very fresh to me. Thoughts and prayers to you from Illinois.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Prayers sent from Pennsylvania for you and your friend's family as they go through this great loss. Pray God will give them strength in the days ahead.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Life is the journey & we are the passengers. Always remember to live life to it's fullest but never forget one's responsibilty's.

My best goes to the family.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
My sincere condolences to Steve's family and to yourself for your loss. Take comfort in knowing there's more than support for Goldwing motorcycles here for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heartfelt condolonces to Steve and his family...May we see him riding across the sky with a smile on his face. Travel on!

·
Registered
449 Posts
his family will be added to our prayer list tonight.

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
*Bows head in silent prayer.*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.