Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been back a little over a week from our annual GUYS ONLY RIDE, we cut it short because of the weather, snow and rain the the high Sierra's. We did most of the ride in Northern Calif. around hwy 49 and the Gold Country and Morro Bay area.
One of the guys who was suppose to go had bike trouble, (he rides an 04 ST1300 with 70,000 miles on it) he caught up with us on Friday, Then on Saturday he got a flat tire. Went to a Honda shop in Modesto Calif to get it fixed. While he was waiting for it I saw an 09 ST1300 with ABS for $11700, it only had 7200 miles on it and it was gorgeous. I told him to offer them $11,000 out the door, he did and they took it. So his flat tire cost him $11,000. But he has a new bike also.

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Looks like a great trip. I know of a couple of riders who had to change plans because of the unsettled weather. But from the photos, looks like to outran the rain.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Thanks for the photos. I can't afford to get a flat in the USA next year at $11000. But he must still be happy. Eric

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a great trip. I know of a couple of riders who had to change plans because of the unsettled weather. But from the photos, looks like to outran the rain.
We were going to go farther north but because of the weather we headed south and home.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the photos. I can't afford to get a flat in the USA next year at $11000. But he must still be happy. Eric
Well if I wasn't there to egg him on he probably would have got out of the shop with only a new tire on his old bike. I haven't seen his wife since his purchase but I'm staying clear of her for awhile :)

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
nice pic's joe but i'll tell you one thing. i'll never complain about the price of a new e-3 again :)

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Great pics Joe. Looks like you had a good time even if it was shorter than expected. You make one heck of a salesman. I also noticed there was only 1 Wing in the group. How did the Kow run and was there a big difference from your Wing??

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
Picture number eight looks like some of the roads around here, don't have any problems as there are no shoulders! I need to say one other thing, they are last years pictures, according to the date stamp. :)

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Thanks for the photos Joe they give us people here in western Pa. something to dream about because it's been raining for about a week now. Can't wait to get back on the Wing.

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
Nice.... very nice. Thanks for the pictures.

We are finally getting some weather here. It hit 70 yesterday...... for the first time this year. Today is gonna be the same.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Good ride, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
232 Posts
...I haven't seen his wife since his purchase but I'm staying clear of her for awhile :)
Ha! I hear that... and I don't even know the woman!

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
joe. I'm going to need tires by the end of this riding season. Can you recommend a type of motorcycle I should mount on them?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fun,Fun,Fun....

And of course you guys rode the speed limit the whole time eh?...(ahem...):rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts