Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gas stops didnt go as planned. Milage, and few places to stop, I stopped way more often then planned.

Left Austin at 5:59AM

First stop 136 miles Average mpg 34
Second stop 156 miles Average mpg 32
Third stop 150 miles Average mpg 30
Fourth stop 58 miles Average mpg 29
Fifth stop 92 miles Average mpg 26
Sixth stop 143 miles Average mpg 29
Seventh stop 153 miles Average mpg 36
Eighth stop 192 miles Average mpg 37

Total gallons.......35.25

Total miles............1080

Average mpg..........30.63

Average time for gas stops was probably around 10 minutes

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
Okay then, interesting stats B.D. I like the approach you took on your 1st I.B. run. Stopping frequently even if you didn't get off the bike. Changes your concentration & forces you to think. Good Plan.

The pictures are nice even if they are on the run. I love traveling early AM & watching the sunrise albeit most of times in my mirrors.

Again congrats on your completion of the run.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fossill! I enjoy riding right at sunset or sunrise the best too. And I am one of the odd ducks who really enjoys riding at night.

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
Not in my book you're not. I love riding at night, just have to watch for critters.

It's so peaceful & the solitude is awesome.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Great report.....You boys taking pics while riding are braver than I. If you get an opportunity, please post the route.

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts
BigDaddy, what highway is that?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let me know if that link works or not. It dont come up for me. The highway in the pics is I90 betwenn Sioux Falls an Austin.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Didn't work for me. I usually use google maps and copy the link

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
Worked. Took the big loop huh?

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Worked that time......Looks kinda like when I draw Idaho on the Dry Erase board.

Hey, It ain't 10 in 10 but I know for a fact your feeling pretty good about it. I know I did.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Worked that time......Looks kinda like when I draw Idaho on the Dry Erase board.

Hey, It ain't 10 in 10 but I know for a fact your feeling pretty good about it. I know I did.
I do feel pretty good about!:D I think one of the reasons I did it, was to prove to myself that I could. And to be honest, it was pretty easy for me. The old tush got a little sore from time to time, but other then that, it went well. I will be getting some kind of jell pad tho before I do it again. I told my wife, that I would enjoy it more if I actually had a destination, instead of just going out, and coming back.

·
Registered
137 Posts
:rolleyes:(notice he said nothing about taking me along! )

Just teasing, no way.....no timed trials for me....don't like to be in a hurry where I'm going. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.