Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on a couple farkles for the little woman to enjoy. Installed the Kuryakin armrests and the transformer floorboards, she's gonna luv 'em! Best thing is the passenger boards are soooo much prettier than the ugly old stock ones (ok, that part's for me vanity) and now everything matches on the foot aspect. The armrests are very nice and while they are not a get-aboard tool, should really enhance her comfort. Install was a tad testy (I was alone in the garage) but it wasn't terrible, only swore a few time vs. my usual tirade when things get dicey. The footboards were moderately difficult to assemble what with the stock ball and spring and close tolerances stuff, but with patience it went ok in the long run. Overall, well worth the two hours fiddling for both add-ons. For those out there that ride two up wondering if these two items are worth it, I give them both a big thumbs up!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
She should love the added comfort. The transformers boards should of just bolted to the frame in the place you took the stock passenger boards off, did you have to use the stock ball and spring?

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Mz. Vickie has expressed interest in the Hondaline extension pad armrests. I don't know any local riders around that I have found with them to give her a static test run, but her interest encourages me nonetheless.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, Joe they did just 'bolt on' in the stock position, it was just the finicky thing with the ball and spring in the Kury boards that was a panin in the butt. therre's quite a bit og grease in the stockers that makes the ball stay put in the new race of the Kury boards, and the tolerances are real close to get everything seated. They have to be that way to make them serviceable I guess; nothing any reasonable doofus (like me) can't handle LOL.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
OK Chopin,you're not going to pass up the chance to get her a drinkholder too while you're at it,are you? After all!!
Crap! Thanks for reminding me! "Two Wheel" referred one to me awhile back that looked to fit the bill. Mz. Vickie might be going with me to " Rolling Thunder " this weekend. Thanks!!!!!! Now where was that drink holder site ......... Two Wheel ! I need you A.S.A.P.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Wow Lee that's a big jump for the "Vickster". Hope it all works out & remember Don't scare her you want her to go again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts