Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was offered a price I couldn't afford to pass up.... and loaded the bike up today. Gone.

Looking to add a dual sport to the mix.

Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
how about a gs 1200 adventure

·
Registered
71 Posts
That Bimmer is SAWEET, but if you're wanting to spend a LOT less, the Kawasaki KLR 650 has a great following, and until 08 was unchanged for 20 years. Also the Suzuki DRZ 400 is a great dual sport with a slant toward the dirt side.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
i was looking at the xr650l at the dealer saturday

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
The XR650L is one big arse bike for a dual sport, the KLR is a bit less awkard IMO. The DRZ is a great bike if you want to do off road a bit more. As to the BMW GS I'll get some seat time on one while we're in Ireland, but that's all going to be on hard surface roads, no off road stuff with Ms Yabut on the back

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought an 06 Kawasaki KLX 250-S Dual Sport. It has 1100 miles on it and doesn't have a scratch on it. the PO rode it to town and back once in awhile and never off road.

It is a quiet water cooled 4 stroke. I am just like a kid.... can't wait until tomorrow to go ride it some more.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Time to visit Arizona again see whats on the other side of the highway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Nlq135PaA
I have a million miles of off roads to do in Washington State..... then there is Oregon.

I am adapting my Goldwing pull trailer to convert to haul my dual sport........ so the south west is not out of the question. Maybe next spring, when it is crappy weather here and nice down there.... like it was in early April.

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
I have a million miles of off roads to do in Washington State..... then there is Oregon.

I am adapting my Goldwing pull trailer to convert to haul my dual sport........ so the south west is not out of the question. Maybe next spring, when it is crappy weather here and nice down there.... like it was in early April.
I'm heading out there next year again as I do every year. This time I will book ahead a Goldwing. Make plans for the first or second week in April. Meet in Phoenix.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm heading out there next year again as I do every year. This time I will book ahead a Goldwing. Make plans for the first or second week in April. Meet in Phoenix.
I can do that. I really enjoyed the time in Phoenix, but I also enjoyed staying at the Hacienda Hotel in Henderson, Nevada.

·
Registered
71 Posts
look at kbb.com and/or nada.com

Good starting info there. Also can look at ebay and get an idea what they're going for. Nice bike btw.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.