Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With regret, I said good bye to my Helix. It is silly to maintain three motorcycles in this climate.

I enjoy my Wing and my 250 Kawasaki Dual Sport. Enough, said the committee in my head.

·
Super Moderator
14,458 Posts
Simplify is always good. My two is enough but I keep getting tempted to look for an older bike to tinker with and take on short rides. Then I realize there isn’t enough time to keep up with all the other stuff that needs attention.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I ve got a Triumph Trophy in the barn that is just sucking up juice on a battery tender that I am passing on to one of my sons in Arizona. It seems like a waste to let it sit.....sorry to see it go but thats life.

·
Administrator
26,226 Posts
It's often like saying so long to an old friend. Bitter sweet at the least.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have yet to ride my 1600 road star so I am thinking of putting it up for sale. I love it but just don't have the time for a lot of extra stuff which ends up not being used... and goes downhill.

·
Super Moderator
15,216 Posts
i would love to get down to owning only three bikes

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
The absolute hardest/cruelest thing you can do to a machine is let it sit and die. I had a 84 700 shadow and LOVED it, but after I got a wing it just sat and sat. I could not longer bear to see it die so I sold it. Sadly I have a feeling it is now sitting in a barn still dieing. :(

·
Super Moderator
9,867 Posts
I've often thought about a scooter for around town trips, but since I don't even get enouth time to ride the Wing I figured it would only sit. They are nice though, especially ones like the Burgman and the Silver Wing.. They could almost serve as the only bike..

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was my second one. This one was an 06 with 1475 miles on it. Red in color. I had a 600 Silverwing and a 400 Burgman as well once upon a time. I preferred the Helix as the seat position is the best there is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts