Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I olny have a 26 3/4 inseam, so I was having some anxiety while stopping with a passenger. I decided to sell my 2002 GW and buy A trike. Although the trike is nice, my wife misses the comfort of the wing and I am buying a 2010 GW.

I am still fearful of stopping with the GW, and wonder how most of you do it.

Also I am hoping I am not making a mistake by selling the trike, but it rides totally different than two wheels. Harley has much more heat and less power.

Guess I need some positive feeedback.

Thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
Life is too short to worry, Ride what you want. Modify the wing to suit your body. The seat can be modified and made lower. Wear boots that make you a tad taller. Pretty much use every trick in the book to get yourself flat footed at stops. Plan each and every stop to make sure you do not get stuck stopped on a low spot where for sure you would lose footing.
The others will chime in with ideas so stay tuned. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Trike your Wing! Check out a kit which is IRS and extends the wheel base.
I picked a Hannigan and both of us absolutely love it!
I have a friend w/a Tri-Glilde. He likes it but, talks about "heat" and I notice he shifts gears a lot more than I do when we are riding!

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome frocco. I know little about the retractible kits, but it looks interesting. I'd see if you can find anyone that has them (the manufacturer may have a testimonial list or something for people to read) and then go from there. My biggest concern is the added weight couls seriously limit the payload capacity of your Wing. Have you considered the Tall Boy shoes/boots for more reach? Having your seat altered bya custom seat shop is another way to gain an inch or so closer to the ground. I know what you mean by the change in th eride if you had one of the solid axle trikes, mine was waaaay too choppy for both myself and my wife's tastes. Kicked the heck out of my mileage and range too.

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
That's certainly one alternative. Some folks get boots with higher soles on them. Some get custom seats which can be lower than the stock seat. Lowering the preasure in the rear shocks can lower the bike also. So there are other options, hope you find one that works for you...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Trike your Wing! Check out a kit which is IRS and extends the wheel base.
I picked a Hannigan and both of us absolutely love it!
I have a friend w/a Tri-Glilde. He likes it but, talks about "heat" and I notice he shifts gears a lot more than I do when we are riding!
He might be shifting more often due to have a 6-speed transmission and wanting to get into the highest gear ASAP.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have a 2005 Wing with a Roadsmith Trike conversion (IRS) and their new Comfort Controls. I absolutely love this trike!!! Extremely comfortable, stable and plenty of power. My better half also feels more secure now on the trike so we get to share riding much more. Check out Roadsmith and Hannigan. ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a 2005 Wing with a Roadsmith Trike conversion (IRS) and their new Comfort Controls. I absolutely love this trike!!! Extremely comfortable, stable and plenty of power. My better half also feels more secure now on the trike so we get to share riding much more. Check out Roadsmith and Hannigan. ;)
I demo'd a Roadsmith at Americade and while I don't think I'll need a trike for a while (knees might disagree sooner) I LOVED riding that trike. It rode like a Lexus and performed nearly as well as my Wing. Only thing I didn't like was the extremely high pedal effort for the rear brakes. Other than that I could see one in my future. Never going to stop riding, ever!

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You may want to look into a Voyager, Tow-pac Insta-trike or Trigg Trike.
They give you the best of both worlds,

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
If you like the idea of a trike, trike the 2010 Gold Wing that your going to buy. I personally prefer 2 wheels but I am sure that at some point I will end up with a Gold Wing trike too.

In the GWRRA chapter that I belong to there are almost as many GW trikes as there are 2 wheel Wings.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just closed the deal on a white 2012 Wing.
I hope I will not have to trike it for awhile.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts