Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the tittle states. I sold my 17 FZ and bought a 17 FJ. I loved the FZ and the bikes are too different animals. I travel at about 75 mph around here, and the weather protection and comfort just isn't there on the FZ. I thought about spending money on the FZ and upgrade it to make it a more sport touring bike, but a dealer was trying to get rid of their 17 FJ and they really, really, really, wanted my FZ. So I went up and got a deal that was truly worth it. vs spending the money on the FZ. The FJ is taking some time to get used to, but it works alot better for a DD. Also it cruises at about 3K RPM at 60mph vs 6K with the FZ. I liked being close/tight on the FZ, but I love the tallest of the FJ. It's like mixing my CRF250L and the Goldwing together, and I love it. Maybe one day ill own anther FZ or sport bike, but I was not expecting to fall in love with the FZ and it's triple. Before I knew it, the FZ became my DD, and it just wasn't working.

Attachments

Reactions: detdrbuzzard

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Congrats, Doug. Those are great bikes. But their not a valid excuse for ignoring a 'Wing.

Reactions: Dog Breath

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats, Doug. Those are great bikes. But their not a valid excuse for ignoring a 'Wing.
Lol, Im not ignoring the wing. I still have a place in my heart for it. We are going to start planning some trips this spring/summer with the wing. As of right now the wing is out of commission... Waiting on new spark plug wires and a new canister. I used the wing alot during the winter, probably the best winter bike there is. I was riding in 20/30 degree weather, and my co workers said I was nuts, but I told them if they never rode a wing, then they wouldn't understand, lol. Im hoping the plugs and canister will solve my awkward running condition. The wires are the originals from 2006. It's not running rough since I replace the air filter, but it's just not running correctly.

·
Super Moderator
15,131 Posts
the FJ looks like a fun bike to ride, congrats and enjoy dog breath

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the FJ looks like a fun bike to ride, congrats and enjoy dog breath
Thanks, it’s been fun. Not as much fun as the FZ, but this one is more fun as a DD. With time, comes more fun, ?

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Probably a much more all around daily driver. Congrats.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably a much more all around daily driver. Congrats.
Yes it is, that’s why I got it. I didn’t expect to use the FZ as a DD, and I fell in love with the FZ. I realized I needed a better DD. ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great bike. Have a friend with one...very happy.
It's been a great bike, and I love it. Ive had it about a year now, many upgrades, and about 4K miles. If I didn't have 4 other bikes, this guy would probably have over 10K now, lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.