Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, All:

I have my eye on a 1980 GW in what appears to be mint condition. The price is $1,000. There are other bikes in my area for $2,000. They are newer (82, 83, 84.) Are there features on the slightly newer bikes for which I may kick myself for not getting?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Super Moderator
15,239 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF chobers, are you looking at a naked 1100 or an interstate

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. The Wing is a great bike. Ride safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for your responses. detdrbuzzard: the Wing is a standard 1980 with a Windjammer fairing and no bags.

·
Super Moderator
15,239 Posts
digital dash, on board air compressor, and twotone paint on the aspencade 1100 and 1200. my 1200 has the factory cb radio also but i don't know if it was an option or not and i think the bags are bigger on a 1200 than a 1100. the trunk on a 1200 is bigger than the one on an 1100

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Way more luggage space on the 1200 for sure. Don't forget the improvements in aerodynamics with the fairing and it's better rain/wind protection. Fit and finish was better as well (imo) and they handled a bit better too. Quite a bit more spunk performance wise, but the stators and starters were a concern. William, I'm all but positive the CB was an option ('84 anyway) as well as the cassette player. Many of the dealers may have set them up with those options at that time since no other touring bike came with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts