Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.. Am in late 40s, based out of the Bay Area, specifically E Bay.
Last Christmas, went into a couple of dealerships in the Bay Area, looking for either a Vulcan or a Suzuki Blvd. Saw the white-and-black GW 2020 DCT at one, and a red-and-black at another one, OTD 3K less than the 1st dealer. Wrote a check, and, after a couple of jittery loops in a local strip mall - brought her home - in 1 piece.
I have ridden off-and-on in the 90s, but did not want to go the Ninja-Boulevard-Vulcan-Gold Wing route, and much against conventional wisdom, just bought the DCT.
Since then, have done just about 500 miles (yeah.. that bad).. Surprised at how nimble it is. Keep it in Econ mode/Touring mode, when 2-Up.(just started going 2 Up on local roads). Started taking it to the gym, and now it takes another 20 min to answer queries :D
Highly recommend it

Registered
Welcome to the forum and wishing you miles of smiles .馃榿

Registered
Welcome to the forum. We would love to see photos of your new Goldwing.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks... these are from a now closed excursion rail station called Sunol in Alameda county in California.

Super Moderator
Nice looking bike! Welcome to you from Mississippi. I'm looking for a 2021 to replace my 2010. They do ride well. Enjoy your ride.

Super Moderator
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Nice bike.

Registered
I would highly recommend the MSF basic riders course. It's amazing how much you forget and how many bad habits you pick up over the years.
And no i'm not being mean. Just watching out for a fellow rider......:):) It really is worth the 2 days of your time.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
I would highly recommend the MSF basic riders course. It's amazing how much you forget and how many bad habits you pick up over the years.
I did that... 2 years back.. and then the bike buying plans got sidetracked. I will do the advanced riders course - on the GL, to improve on its aspects.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
And no i'm not being mean. Just watching out for a fellow rider......:):) It really is worth the 2 days of your time.
For sure.. no question of being mean. I loved it, even in the 110 degree heat of central valley . They are awesome

Super Moderator
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Great looking Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum.

Super Moderator
Great looking machine, enjoy the new passion

Registered
When my wife mentioned that maybe I should take a rider;s course, last year, I thought to myslf that this would be just a good waste on my time (after all I have been riding for over 50 yeras) what could they teach me that I didn't all ready know.................WOW!!! WAS I IN FOR A BIG SURPRISE ................I learned that, I really, didn't realize, just how much I didn't know........

Ronnie

Registered
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts