Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'll be,snow in Texas,how often does this happen? I thought
only us Northerners were the less fortunate riders,however, you Southerners
likely only wait a day and are back out there riding again,we have to wait til spring. :(

·
Registered
692 Posts
... HOWDY ... YEP SNOW IN TEXAS AND C.C.COLD HERE ON OREGON COAST TODAY ... STARTED OUT AT NOON OCLOCK FOR A RIDE ... WAS DRESSED FOR THE TEMPS. RODE BOUT 2mi. ... ROADS IN SHADED AREAS NOT GOOD STILL FROSTY ... BACK TO THE GARAGE ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yep! we counted 54 snowflakes yesterday. Low this AM was 19. Then, this afternoon I went for a nice ride. The Green Wing kept me warm.

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Last I checked we had about 4 inches on the ground today. Bummed out can't wait til spring.:(

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Last I checked we had about 4 inches on the ground today. Bummed out can't wait til spring.:(
You got that right. I waited 1 day too long to go and get the Wing filled up and stabil put in. Now I'll be filling with a 5 gal can. But on the bright side, one day less until Spring.. Ride safe you folks down south..

·
Registered
179 Posts
As I'm reading this, a blizzard is raging outside here on the east coast of Canada. Expecting about 12 inches before tomorrow morning. It really hurts to drive the snowblower past the Wing but what can you do. How about one of you Texas/Arizona/Florida guys storing us Northerners Wings so we can come down for a ride ?

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
it's about time they got some snow in texas, why should we northerners have all the fun -)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As I'm reading this, a blizzard is raging outside here on the east coast of Canada. Expecting about 12 inches before tomorrow morning. It really hurts to drive the snowblower past the Wing but what can you do. How about one of you Texas/Arizona/Florida guys storing us Northerners Wings so we can come down for a ride ?
When I retired I thought about loading the snowblower in my truck driving South until someone asked what the thing in my truck was, thats where I'd live :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Haaa, that's a good one, bstar! I wonder if some of our southern forum friends as actually seen one up close. Incidentally, I just did the first pass clearing the driveway...just have to wait until the plow comes by to fill it alll in again. On the good side, you can drink all the beer you want snowblowing - just keep the limbs out of the auger :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Starting to flirt with snow here in England too - but just the irritating few flakes. Enough to keep the bike indoors, but not enough to look pretty.

Bookies have shortened the odds for a white christmas though...

Ride safe and keep warm folks...

.....Or Hibernate like us Hedgehogs

(In a bar with a glass of JD, until, oh April or so..).:)

HH

·
Registered
129 Posts
No wonder you all bitch about putting a single Weber on your ride cause you'all can't get out of you garage, plus the laziness and the cold.

Kiss my Texas butt, today was a fine day to take the old '78 out but I did have my carbs split waiting for a plenum gasket and I just had to put the thaing back on with some silckone cause the sun is out. The masking tape would have done fine. So for all you Canadians, get a sled and a Shoei snowmobile full face. Can't make cars anyway.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
you texans just had to do it didn't ya! couldn't be content with snow on texas, just had to share with michigan didn't ya -)

·
Registered
129 Posts
you texans just had to do it didn't ya! couldn't be content with sonw on texas, just had to share with michigan didn't ya -)
Mo, I hate that avatar with a passion. It reminds me of this jewish girlfriend I had in Queens, a first base gal, short and nice, but too Jewish.

Did my Portorican, how is that spelled?, did the Spanish come over and say, ok, that is the freaking port so lets give it a name and include Port so no busses go in, only boats. Anyway, did the Haiti-rig on it and it came out fine. Snow melted, went to Wal-Mart and got a woman's wind proof jacket (no guy shit in stock) to go under out Texas stray free mini pad perforated jacket and it was on, at freezing ass 68.

·
Registered
691 Posts
When I retired I thought about loading the snowblower in my truck driving South until someone asked what the thing in my truck was, thats where I'd live :)
On my birthday May 21st 1981 I got on my XS1100 and started to Denver from Goodland KS. I looked at the ditch and there was still snow in it. I made a promice that before the next winter I would be in Texas. If we ever get 126" of snow in one year here I am going to Guatamala!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts