Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Does it go away? The wing on the sidestand for extendend periods of time can leak a little oil past the rings and burn off on start up.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
If it's coming out of the exaust it's probably what Whacker said. Any chance you dribble a little oil on the engine.
Question. Did you drain those two tubes under the left side front cover. should drain them every time you change oil.

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
make sure you tightened the cap and the dipstick. i forgot the cap when i changed oil on mt 1200 wing and it made a mess cause oil leaked past the cap and it smoked from dripping on the exhaust. also make sure its oil burning not steam

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
You also need to make sure you did not over fill it when you put in the new oil.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Let it set on the side stand over night and it will smoke every time.. It won't embarrass you in front of a diner.after lunch or dinner but over night yes.
In the garage I usually park it on the center stand.
Run the back wheel up on a slab of wood 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick, makes getting it on the center stand way easier.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Is this the first time you changed the oil on this bike? Is this bike new to you?
it is possible that the previous owner had a Wing that smoked some and changed the oil with smokeless oil then sold it off. here is a link to this type of oil that may have been used in your Wing. http://www.fhsoils.com/motor_faq.html

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
+1 on everything else stated. Did you do the oil change while it was on the main stand? If you checked the oil level while on the side stand, you will have it 2 quarts over full.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Good point Cantankerous.

But I see the op will never come back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.