Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a compressor/kit from slime to go with my tool kit. It came with a bottle of slime for MC tires. They say this stuff works. Why try and plug it if you can add this stuff and air up. I do plan on carrying a plug kit too.

Everyone says this mini inflator works well. I see it can plug right into my battery tender harness.

Does anyone use or has anyone used this? Opinions...

·
Registered
674 Posts
I prefer a temporary plug over any type of fix a flat. 1st it's messy 2nd its messy 3rd I think the owners manual suggest not to use it because of the TPMS.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sorry by messy I mean for the person having to change the tire.
The compressor is a good buy and compact you may need the slime in an emergency like you can't find the leak and your out on a long ride.times like these I will be happy to put this in my Wing and risk having to pay the piper later.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I WOULD NEVER USE SLIME IN ANY TIRE THAT OPERATES AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS.
I do recommend http://www.ride-on.com/
Not only a tire sealant but also balances. It comes in 9 different formulas, depending on what one intends to use it in.
However, please note:
Ride-On is TPMS friendly, however it is not recommended for use in 2009, 2010, and 2012 Honda Gold Wings as their TPMS Sensors are not hermetically sealed.
Another tip-I have seen posts complaining tire plugs will not stay in using RideOn. The key word for this product is "SEALANT". You do not need plugs. Simply remove the object.
The web sight tells how it works, what the protection area is and what size punctures it will seal.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have to agree I just read the disclaimer on their web site.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Slime or non slime

On a trip I usually carry both. Prefer plugs. Less messy in the long run. Plugs and rubber cement.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I WOULD NEVER USE SLIME IN ANY TIRE THAT OPERATES AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS.
I do recommend http://www.ride-on.com/
Not only a tire sealant but also balances. It comes in 9 different formulas, depending on what one intends to use it in.
However, please note:
Ride-On is TPMS friendly, however it is not recommended for use in 2009, 2010, and 2012 Honda Gold Wings as their TPMS Sensors are not hermetically sealed.
Another tip-I have seen posts complaining tire plugs will not stay in using RideOn. The key word for this product is "SEALANT". You do not need plugs. Simply remove the object.
The web sight tells how it works, what the protection area is and what size punctures it will seal.
OK. So it's a no no for me.

I will order the Slime inflator w/o the sealant and buy one of their tire plug kits. They seem to be high quality to me. I just want to be able to get home so I can get the tire replaced. you could always purge the tire of the sealant but if I have to replace the sensor ...... makes me want to have it on hand but only use it if.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.