Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just rode US Route 33, Harrisonburg VA to Seneca Rocks WV #12 on the AMA top 15 list, and one not on the list Skyline Drive in VA , had a blast everything was good until Laray Va turned a corner and a fellow biker was down on the payment and didnt look good , gas and oil was every were , was going to try and help but the police yelled for us to move , spent the night in Harrisonburg Va got up and we were headed up to Deep Creek Md to meet up with the guys from GWOF but the wife called and told me my twins were sick as dogs , so i headed home (felt guilty) to help , got to Harpers Ferry Md and the skys let loose it rained like cat's and dog's for the 2 1/2 hr trip i had left , but got home safe then got a call from Choopin saying they were there , i wanted so bad to hop back on the bike and meet with them but family is first:):)

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Good choice...I know you hate missing those guys. Congrats on #12. Did you ever know more about the down biker?

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good choice...I know you hate missing those guys. Congrats on #12. Did you ever know more about the down biker?
no ive been searching the web , it happened betwenn Front Royal and Luray Va on RT 340

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
As disapointing as it must have been, you have made the right call. Hopefully one day you can have a couple of days ride with the boy's. [Watch them have some fun with that]. Eric

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
When you live on the west coast there are roads to ride and people to meet on the east coast. Same goes for being on the east coast / west coast.

I think that is why God created the midwest, so there is some separation.

Then God created Texas and Arizona for both the east coast and west coast riders to always want to visit.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
.......home safe then got a call from Chopin saying they were there , i wanted so bad to hop back on the bike and meet with them but family is first:):)
If you would have showed up in spite of those circumstances I would have sent you home anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you would have showed up in spite of those circumstances I would have sent you home anyway.

One thing about me is my family comes first no matter what

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
You made the right call. There will be other days to ride.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
+1 on family first. How are the twins doing? Hope they are feeling better.. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+1 on family first. How are the twins doing? Hope they are feeling better.. Ride safe..
Logan is doing way better , cooper has double pneumonia and is on strong antibiotics , but he will be fine , thanks for asking

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Wow...Double Pneumonia...That baby was sick. Glad they getting better

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Give Coop a hug for us, there's other days.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Right on!

When you live on the west coast there are roads to ride and people to meet on the east coast. Same goes for being on the east coast / west coast.

Then God created Texas and Arizona for both the east coast and west coast riders to always want to visit.
Living in Az for the past 50 years I do heartily agree with this assessment. AND>>>>> New Mexcio is a wonderland too. So there you have it, 3 states bigger than many countrys with major attractions. Try this list: Tx = Big Bend Park, NM = Carlsbad Caverns and Az = the Grand Canyon. There are many many more sites to see.

Come on Down, Oh brother come on down, down to the river and .......ride!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts