Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway, Knoxville T.N. & Ohio City

5K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  tamathumper 
#1 ·
So, a couple of weeks ago my buddy and myself decided to get some modifications done on our bikes, so why not make a ride out of it. First we rode Skyline Drive, and then we rode the Blue Ridge Parkway. We both did this together a couple years ago before we met up with Tammy and the rest of the crew in Cherokee, and then we all rode together for a week. This time the weather was sunny and beautiful, unlike a couple years ago the four days we rode before we met up with everyone was raining most of the time. At least when we met up with everyone a couple years ago the rest of the trip was also sunny and beautiful.

What mod's you might ask............first Electrical Connection and now have a hidden switch which will enable to use the hazard lights (four ways) to work without the key in the ignition. I also have a red L.E.D. light beside the fog light switch to show if the fogs are on. This was a "what the heck" it's pretty cheap so why not. And the last modification was when I put on the brights, the fogs stay on also, so I get the most light power on very dark secluded roads. My buddy just picked up his new to him 2012 wing, and wanted to get Baker Wings installed.

It was a great trip overall!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QLMHs3pw3jdnty8fA

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey Lee, have you ever been before?
We never heard of Grandfather Mountain until some one mentioned it on one of the FB groups I'm in.

#4 ·
@Badrider, great pics. Absolutely love that area. Where did you get the electrical work done?

#5 ·
Reactions: EFINREF
#7 ·
I know that was a great trip by your smiles all the way.

#8 ·
I've ridden both the Skyline and Blue Ridge. Two of the most beautiful rides on the east coast along with the Tail of the Dragon. Thanks for the pics. They bring back so great memories..

#10 ·
Nice ride, thanks for sharing. Sorry we passed each other somewhere along the way and couldn't meet up.

Grandfather Mountain is only 11 miles form Banner Elk, where we will be based the last weekend of this month. I was going to ride to Linville Falls and should add a ride up the mountain also. Maybe I'll follow Lee up there for a smoke.

What was the smoke in the pictures? Dark smoke is never good....

#18 · (Edited)
Beautiful Trip -

Hey Badrider - I also just returned from one of my favorite areas up toward North Carolina to ride the Dragon, Fontana Lake, Smokey Mountain Park loop and BRP. Always enjoy exploring the less traveled narrow back roads to discover the old pioneer settlements and homesteads. Some families keep their early out buildings and barns pretty much in the original appearance. If you are in the area make sure to visit the "Wheels Through Time Museum" in Maggie Valley. It is well worth the effort.

Good thing I made my Deals Gap reservations early because there was some kind of Freedom Ride going on. The tree of shame looks like there has been a few more pieces added to it's collection - nothing of mine this trip. :)

Ride Safe - Michael

Attachments

#20 ·
Hey Badrider - I also just returned from one of my favorite areas up toward North Carolina to ride the Dragon, Fontana Lake, Smokey Mountain Park loop and BRP. Always enjoy exploring the less traveled narrow back roads to discover the old pioneer settlements and homesteads. Some families keep their early out buildings and barns pretty much in the original appearance. If you are in the area make sure to visit the "Wheels Through Time Museum" in Maggie Valley. It is well worth the effort.

Good thing I made my Deals Gap reservations early because there was some kind of Freedom Ride going on. The tree of shame looks like there has been a few more pieces added to it's collection - nothing of mine this trip. :)

Ride Safe - Michael
Hi Michael, in 2017 I did Skyline, BRP and The Dragon a few times. I was also in Maggie Valley 2 or 3 times that trip, and also made it a point to see the Wheels of Time museum while there. I'm also very happy I didn't leave any of my parts on the Tree of Shame. I am posting a video on the trip on this post. As usual, youtube muted the video due to copyrites.

#19 ·
Sure sorry we didn't know this last month. We had a Meet-n-Greet with a few over 20 bikes staying in Banner Elk and rode past you last month.

#22 ·
Youtube is ticking me off more and more lately. When I click on the link I posted, it say's video unavailable. When I search in the youtube site "tuberbiker" which is my video's, this works fine. I also have many other video's they made unavailable to see because of copyrite infringement because of the music I added. This includes a video I had over 7000 views of Americade 2013 which I don't even see there at all. Unfortunately there is no one to talk to about this from youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.