Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Beautiful Trip -

Hey Badrider - I also just returned from one of my favorite areas up toward North Carolina to ride the Dragon, Fontana Lake, Smokey Mountain Park loop and BRP. Always enjoy exploring the less traveled narrow back roads to discover the old pioneer settlements and homesteads. Some families keep their early out buildings and barns pretty much in the original appearance. If you are in the area make sure to visit the "Wheels Through Time Museum" in Maggie Valley. It is well worth the effort.

Good thing I made my Deals Gap reservations early because there was some kind of Freedom Ride going on. The tree of shame looks like there has been a few more pieces added to it's collection - nothing of mine this trip. :)

Ride Safe - Michael

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,097 Posts
If you folks are back in the area, I own Bob’s Dairyland in Roan Mountain, TN. Just across the line from Grandfather. Would love to meet more Goldwingers.
Sure sorry we didn't know this last month. We had a Meet-n-Greet with a few over 20 bikes staying in Banner Elk and rode past you last month.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, I hate that! But all are welcome to come back. Our local chapter of GWRRA has an annual weekend at Roan Mountain State Park, and we always see a lot of bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey Badrider - I also just returned from one of my favorite areas up toward North Carolina to ride the Dragon, Fontana Lake, Smokey Mountain Park loop and BRP. Always enjoy exploring the less traveled narrow back roads to discover the old pioneer settlements and homesteads. Some families keep their early out buildings and barns pretty much in the original appearance. If you are in the area make sure to visit the "Wheels Through Time Museum" in Maggie Valley. It is well worth the effort.

Good thing I made my Deals Gap reservations early because there was some kind of Freedom Ride going on. The tree of shame looks like there has been a few more pieces added to it's collection - nothing of mine this trip. :)

Ride Safe - Michael
Hi Michael, in 2017 I did Skyline, BRP and The Dragon a few times. I was also in Maggie Valley 2 or 3 times that trip, and also made it a point to see the Wheels of Time museum while there. I'm also very happy I didn't leave any of my parts on the Tree of Shame. I am posting a video on the trip on this post. As usual, youtube muted the video due to copyrites.

·
Registered
193 Posts
YouTube did more than that - "Video unavailable".

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
YouTube did more than that - "Video unavailable".
Youtube is ticking me off more and more lately. When I click on the link I posted, it say's video unavailable. When I search in the youtube site "tuberbiker" which is my video's, this works fine. I also have many other video's they made unavailable to see because of copyrite infringement because of the music I added. This includes a video I had over 7000 views of Americade 2013 which I don't even see there at all. Unfortunately there is no one to talk to about this from youtube.

·
Registered
193 Posts
YouTube shares a support hotline with God. You call them through prayer, and hope for a response.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts