1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
Stupidity in a big way

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
There are places set aside for skill and it is best to use them. Just when you think you are good, go try yourself on the track with someone that can really ride. Ok I have not road raced a bike but I have had 4 wheels out there. Eric

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Youth!!! and Stupidity!!! Is there a difference

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Skilled but very stupid.

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
A few years ago I had a dip stick do that to me up in British Columbia. What really peed me off was if he went down a few more people we going to get hurt. Classic Case of Rectal Cranial inversion.

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
i'll be the last to pass judgement on the guy, i'm just glad he or noone else got hurt. some of you know that i was off bikes from about 1997 until 2007 and i got a goldwing to slow down and stop clowning on two wheels

·
Registered
734 Posts
Stupid for doing wheelies on the freeway with traffic with such protective clothing (yeah right). As far as skills, he didn't have much. He could only muster power wheelies (vs skills and balance) and couldn't hold them for very long. I can wheelie at those speeds for miles. The wind, speed, and velocity makes it more challenging. The power to weight ratio on a sportbike is ridiculous. Even around the neighborhood where I live (private road), everyone wheelies down the road, including kids. Stand up wheelies, sit down wheelies, feet out wheelies, wheelies around a motocross track, etc. I suppose I live in a different neighborhood as there are 5 dirt tracks within a 1/2 mile radius of my home and most the kids race growing up.

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!" (The Outlaw Josie Wales)

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
Reckless and foolish rolled together. What many squids don't know is what they are doing to their bikes with prolonged wheelies and power wheelies at high speeds. Stunt riders (professionals not street urchins) have specially modified engines that have special oil circulating pumps to avoid lube starvation of the pistons, jugs, crankshafts etc. Sportbike inline four engines are canted forward and the oil delivery is designed for that type of flow and configuration. Lofting the front wheel at speed or long duration disrupts that flow and eventually cooks the internals. Real brave, real skilled, and real smart...NOT!
As many of you know, I'm a Honda dealer and I also ride a sport bike (my RC51) and I have many tens of thousands of miles of experience on some pretty high end sport bikes, including the 1000rr that the above rat-bag was showing off with. I have far too much respect for the capability of these amazing bikes to play macho man and loft the front wheel. I want both doughnuts on the pavement thank you very much. I can wheelie just about any bike at will, but I choose not to. I may ride fast at times, and I may certainly break speed laws (with the Wing as well, I never said I was an angel) but I leave the stunts to the pros, just as our squidly dood in the video should. I really couldn't give a rat's patootie if he maims or kills himself, but they usually take an innocent (or more) with them in the process. I think it's best if I leave that in the hands of Mr Darwin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.