Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of buying a new to me Goldwing 1995 Goldwing Aspecade does anyone know what size of Trader I need I will pick it up in April in Milwaukee and have to bring it home to Moose Jaw Saskatchewan

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
i think you'll need about a nine foot trailer, i'm purchasing a ten foot trailer next month

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
A 1500 will fit in a full-size, 1/2 ton pickup bed, with the tailgate closed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
From the front of the front tire to the end to the trunk it is almost 8 feet long and the bike weighs about 1000 pounds. So a one ton trailer 9 feet long would do okay.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Anything form 9-12' long will do well. Just make sure the tie-downs are done properly before heading home. Same if you load it into a pickup. Personally I'd go the truck route if it were me, even a short box with the gate open. Remove the side covers and attach the straps to the frame NOT the chrome guards. Lots of peeps do, but it's not the proper way. Use double loop ended straps around the fork/steering head assembly too, not the engine guards. Ratched ties, not the cinch type; cinch straps can and will work loose.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I have a 5x10 single axle ( 1750 lb. Axle ) trailer with a drop gate. I have 8 tie-down points plus the front wheel chock and I use ratchet type straps ( no junk ) to secure the bike. Love my trailer ! I also have a much more expensive trailer that is for trikes also and the bed will lower flat to the ground, so no strain loading at all, but the difference in price of the two trailers is three times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.