Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1982gl1100i that I want to convert to single carb, am looking for manifold and carb together, but will take concideration of all possibilities.

·
Banned
2 Posts
I have a 1982gl1100i that I want to convert to single carb, am looking for manifold and carb together, but will take concideration of all possibilities.

Will be supplying Manifolds & Manifold/Carburetor combinations for all 4-cylinder GL's (plus ancillary pre-heat induction kits) for single-carb installs. Full instructions on install and set-up.

Interesting Video should you choose to build your own too...

Good Luck,
Jessco

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Will be supplying Manifolds & Manifold/Carburetor combinations for all 4-cylinder GL's (plus ancillary pre-heat induction kits) for single-carb installs. Full instructions on install and set-up.

Interesting Video should you choose to build your own too...

Good Luck,
Jessco

Damn, thats cool! I now own a 87 1200 aspencade......will this work on it as well? How much does ti cost? I am really interested, and want more imfo. thanks, Steve

·
Banned
2 Posts
Steve, pricing has not yet been determined, GL1200-specific versions will be available, and specifications will be posted as well...

...probably best to keep checking into the webpage every so often, as I don't want to appear as "soliciting product only" and corrupting Forum etiquette even though I found this thread via Googles search engine and thought I would simply spread-the-word that alternatives are soon to be available...

Options are always good.
Thanks,
Jessco

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thank you for quick reply, and I will keep watch! I love my aspy, so much smaller feel than 1100i, yet not bulkey like the 15's and 18's. And, I can pull the same as them far less the exspense. I worked all my life, and 20-25 grand is out of the question for a motorcycle. Come to think about it, could of got (10) 1200's for the price of new 1800. Again, thanks, Steve

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
what is the advantages and disadvantages to doing this, peaked my interest for sure
I'm glad someone else asked this because I saw the thread & wondered the same thing.

Inquiring minds want to know.....

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
We may never know, Jessco hasn't been on in more than three years! :eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
this is what the vendor on ebay is saying about his manifold matched with a vw carb. Professionally made custom carb conversion MANIFOLD to smooth out your HONDA GOLDWING GL1200 performance. No more powerband dead spots, no more carburetor syncing headaches--This 4-to-one carb modification will increase your low end torque and allow engine to accelerate from idle to WOT without lulls.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed the eBay kit from Juan Fernandez. Very pleased with the results. I could get technical with how longer intake tubes result in greater low-end torque (remember the old MOPAR 413 Long Ram)? Top end will drop slightly from 115 to maybe 95 but who needs that? Get a crotch rocket. I found that around town fuel milage was actually better due to the bike being able to pull from a higher gear without bogging down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This system works well. Just finished installing on customer bike 6/20/15 and performs very well. The carburetor needs dialing in and is not a plug and play system. Mileage about the same, slight bog at 1500rpm but engine pulls through and strong through 7000rpm

·
Banned
2 Posts
...Not many decide to afford my $1850 minimum price for one of my conversions nowadays, but I still make them. They're highly refined at this point, offering overall performance noticeably above that of a factory rack. Ignition improvements are now part of my conversion. Though I still build and sell my conversion, I require the bike in my shop for the installation, which may require an expense beyond what most are willing to spend.
I've had a much easier life making forward controls for the 1000/1100 bikes.
No, I'm still around and still enjoying trying to sell my sh*t for the old Goldwing's!
Still helping others enjoy their bike as much as I enjoy my own.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.