Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to my 2006 Wing. Electrical is not a strong suit of mine.

I have a couple elecrical connectors under my seat that I was hoping to get a little help figuring out.

1. Is there a trick to disconnecting the big black connector that is wired to my heated seat? I don't want to force it open. See pic.

2. Does anybody know what the little white connector is for? Or where it is fused at? I would like to use it for power on my Garmin GPS. See pic. Is this a standard connection type? Can I run down to the local auto parts store to buy the mating connection?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
There should be a tab at the top of the connector, push it down to release it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cantankerous is right. Darn it, I was gonna answer that one. That and how to remove the GPS antenna are the only answers I know! :)

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Cantankerous. I just squeezed a little with some pliers and it broke free.

I still don't have any idea what the little white connector in the picture is for? It appears to be an extra connection.

It would be nice if I could figure out how to use it to power my GPS.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
26,011 Posts
Sorry, not going to be much help on this one. CB power maybe?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I would suggest running the GPS power from the under the left side pocket. It's closer to where you need to go, and switched, only live when the ignition is on. I wired a cigarette lighter and USB power source under the left pocket. (there's plenty of room under that pocket) Ran the wires up the handlebars on both sides to power the GPS and the phone. Also extended the auxiliary audio port from the pocket up the right handlebar, so I can plug the phone into the bike's audio system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts